Quantcast

windows 7 logon problem

Jeff Savastano
hi,

i am able to join my domain with windows 7.  when i reboot i get a "Unkown error
has occurred".  when i check my event log i see that there is a netlogon 3210
error:

This computer could not authenticate with <samba server>, a Windows domain
controller for domain <domain name>, and therefore this computer might deny
logon requests. This inability to authenticate might be caused by another
computer on the same network using the same name or the password for this
computer account is not recognized. If this message appears again, contact your
system administrator.

i am able to logon on to the domain from windows xp proffesional so i would
assume a its a windows 7 problem, but no windows forums are of any use.

my samba version is 3.5.4

i  have made the changes to registry:

   HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Netlogon\Parameters
           DWORD  RequireSignOrSeal = 1
           DWORD  RequireStrongKey = 1
           DWORD  DisablePasswordChange = 1

any ideas how to fix this?

Re: windows 7 logon problem

John Drescher
On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Jeff Savastano
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi,
>

> i am able to join my domain with windows 7.  when i reboot i get a "Unkown error
> has occurred".  when i check my event log i see that there is a netlogon 3210
> error:
>
> This computer could not authenticate with <samba server>, a Windows domain
> controller for domain <domain name>, and therefore this computer might deny
> logon requests. This inability to authenticate might be caused by another
> computer on the same network using the same name or the password for this
> computer account is not recognized. If this message appears again, contact your
> system administrator.
>
> i am able to logon on to the domain from windows xp proffesional so i would
> assume a its a windows 7 problem, but no windows forums are of any use.
>
> my samba version is 3.5.4
>
> i  have made the changes to registry:
>
>   HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Netlogon\Parameters
>           DWORD  RequireSignOrSeal = 1
>           DWORD  RequireStrongKey = 1
>           DWORD  DisablePasswordChange = 1
>
> any ideas how to fix this?

This is what I have:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManWorkstation\Parameters]
"DNSNameResolutionRequired"=dword:00000000
"DomainCompatibilityMode"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Netlogon\Parameters]
"Update"="no"
"DisablePasswordChange"=dword:00000001
"MaximumPasswordAge"=dword:00100000
"RequireSignOrSeal"=dword:00000001
"RequireStrongKey"=dword:00000001
"SealSecureChannel"=dword:00000001
"SignSecureChannel"=dword:00000001

John

Re: windows 7 logon problem

Gaiseric Vandal
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7

On 04/14/2011 10:29 AM, Jeff Savastano wrote:

> hi,
>

> i am able to join my domain with windows 7.  when i reboot i get a "Unkown error
> has occurred".  when i check my event log i see that there is a netlogon 3210
> error:
>
> This computer could not authenticate with<samba server>, a Windows domain
> controller for domain<domain name>, and therefore this computer might deny
> logon requests. This inability to authenticate might be caused by another
> computer on the same network using the same name or the password for this
> computer account is not recognized. If this message appears again, contact your
> system administrator.
>
> i am able to logon on to the domain from windows xp proffesional so i would
> assume a its a windows 7 problem, but no windows forums are of any use.
>
> my samba version is 3.5.4
>
> i  have made the changes to registry:
>
>     HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Netlogon\Parameters
>             DWORD  RequireSignOrSeal = 1
>             DWORD  RequireStrongKey = 1
>             DWORD  DisablePasswordChange = 1
>
> any ideas how to fix this?

Re: windows 7 logon problem

Jeff Savastano
That did it thanks

Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone