'winbind separator = +' might cause problems with group membership.

'winbind separator = +' might cause problems with group membership.

With testparm, I got this warning: "'winbind separator = +' might cause problems with group membership."

I searched on Google but I haven't found a right clue.
Which winbind separator should I use ?

Thanks.

Sébastien

Re: 'winbind separator = +' might cause problems with group membership.

Samba - General mailing list
On 8/8/2017 3:07 PM, Sébastien Boulianne via samba wrote:

> Hi,
> With testparm, I got this warning: "'winbind separator = +' might cause problems with group membership."
>
> I searched on Google but I haven't found a right clue.
> Which winbind separator should I use ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sébastien

 From the smb.conf man page.

  winbind separator (G)

            This parameter allows an admin to define the character used
when listing a username of the form of DOMAIN \user. This parameter is
only applicable when using the pam_winbind.so and
            nss_winbind.so modules for UNIX services.

            Please note that setting this parameter to + causes problems
with group membership at least on glibc systems, as the character + is
used as a special character for NIS in
            /etc/group.

            Default: winbind separator = \

            Example: winbind separator = +