winbind and idmap_ad

there is a new option 'unix_primary_group' in idmap_ad.

If we set 'unix_nss_info = yes, shouldn't we then also set
'unix_primary_group' to yes?

        Andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
www.cryptomilk.org                [hidden email]

Re: winbind and idmap_ad

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 04:29:32PM +0100, Andreas Schneider via samba-technical wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there is a new option 'unix_primary_group' in idmap_ad.
>
> If we set 'unix_nss_info = yes, shouldn't we then also set
> 'unix_primary_group' to yes?

Looknig at the docs they are related but independent.

unix_nss_info controls the $SHELL and $HOME values,

unix_primary_group controls, well - the primary group.

Someone could set one and not the other, I don't
think they're tied together.