summary only in output

Terry-7
Hello,

I don't want my output to include every file like -v does.  I just
want the nice little summary at the end of the operation:
sent 691442 bytes  received 2462 bytes  462602.67 bytes/sec
total size is 683504  speedup is 0.99

I have about 50 million files I need to move from one machine to the
other and don't want the overhead associated with printing every file
that is being moved but I would like a summary at the end of the job.
I also don't want to run my output through a filter like grep for
obvious reasons.   --output-log="" puts a newline instead of the
information which isn't great either.  Any ideas?

Here is my command:

rsync -rt --delete foo/ bar/

Thanks!

Re: summary only in output

Wayne Davison-2
On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 02:02:26PM -0600, Terry wrote:
> I don't want my output to include every file like -v does.  I just
> want the nice little summary at the end of the operation:

Try the --stats option.  It includes some extra statistics at the end of
the run, followed by that "nice little summary".

..wayne..

Re: summary only in output

Terry-7
On Feb 13, 2008 2:24 PM, Wayne Davison <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 02:02:26PM -0600, Terry wrote:
> > I don't want my output to include every file like -v does.  I just
> > want the nice little summary at the end of the operation:
>
> Try the --stats option.  It includes some extra statistics at the end of
> the run, followed by that "nice little summary".
>
> ..wayne..

That's perfect.  Overlooked that option.  :\

Thanks!