string_to_sid: SID .... is not in a valid format - Any clue?

string_to_sid: SID .... is not in a valid format - Any clue?

I do get a lot of „string_to_sid: SID .... is not in a valid format“  in our samba 4.6.x Logs. What might be wrong or what might I check. Users can login to the domain and we don’t see any problem on the user / client side …

Thanks for suggestion and hints . Regards . Götz

Re: string_to_sid: SID .... is not in a valid format - Any clue?

It may just be a spurious debug message. We fixed another recently in a
similar area. Can you describe the format of the info you removed with
the ....? That way we can see what might be feeding this function with
invalid input.

Cheers,

Garming

On 04/10/17 21:23, Götz Reinicke via samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do get a lot of „string_to_sid: SID .... is not in a valid format“  in our samba 4.6.x Logs. What might be wrong or what might I check. Users can login to the domain and we don’t see any problem on the user / client side …
>
> Thanks for suggestion and hints . Regards . Götz

Re: string_to_sid: SID .... is not in a valid format - Any clue?

the „…“ are user-IDs and @group.

        HTH. Regards Götz