spare RTL SDR dongles?

Samba - linux mailing list
Hi all,

I am likely going to run an SDR exercise with a bunch of high-school
students in a week and a half, but approval has been slow coming so
I am now in a situation where the event may run but I don't have
sufficient dongles - I need about 20. I am about to order some but
I am seeking advice:
  a) can anyone recommend a fast, cheap and reliable supplier? (or pick
any two)
  b) does anyone have a spare RTL SDR dongle or three sitting around
that I could either buy off you or borrow for a day?

Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Bob Edwards.

Re: spare RTL SDR dongles?

Samba - linux mailing list
On 25/03/17 10:09, Bob Edwards via linux wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am likely going to run an SDR exercise with a bunch of high-school
> students in a week and a half, but approval has been slow coming so
> I am now in a situation where the event may run but I don't have
> sufficient dongles - I need about 20. I am about to order some but
> I am seeking advice:
>  a) can anyone recommend a fast, cheap and reliable supplier? (or pick any two)
>  b) does anyone have a spare RTL SDR dongle or three sitting around
> that I could either buy off you or borrow for a day?

I think I have two around here somewhere I can lend you...  I can drop them in
to you on Tuesday if you're in the ANU then.

Have fun,

Paul

Re: spare RTL SDR dongles?

Samba - linux mailing list
On 25/03/17 10:09, Bob Edwards via linux wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am likely going to run an SDR exercise with a bunch of high-school
> students in a week and a half, but approval has been slow coming so
> I am now in a situation where the event may run but I don't have
> sufficient dongles - I need about 20. I am about to order some but
> I am seeking advice:
>  a) can anyone recommend a fast, cheap and reliable supplier? (or pick any two)
>  b) does anyone have a spare RTL SDR dongle or three sitting around

If it helps, I have two you can borrow.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky ([hidden email])

Re: spare RTL SDR dongles?

Samba - linux mailing list
I think I still may have some that I failed to give away. I'm not back from
NZ until April Fools Day though.

--
MC

Re: spare RTL SDR dongles?

Samba - linux mailing list
On 25/03/17 10:09, Bob Edwards via linux wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am likely going to run an SDR exercise with a bunch of high-school
> students in a week and a half, but approval has been slow coming so
> I am now in a situation where the event may run but I don't have
> sufficient dongles - I need about 20. I am about to order some but
> I am seeking advice:
>  a) can anyone recommend a fast, cheap and reliable supplier? (or pick
> any two)
>  b) does anyone have a spare RTL SDR dongle or three sitting around
> that I could either buy off you or borrow for a day?
>
> Thanks for any assistance in advance.
>
> Bob Edwards.

Hi All,

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all who have offered loans, and,
in some cases, gifts of RTL SDR dongles - I have secured 8 so far,
which is really helpful.

cheers,

Bob Edwards.