smbclient and Win10 PRO

Samba - General mailing list
I am having a problem with getting smbclient to interact with a Window 10
PRO/64 bit machine. The smbclient is being run from a FreeBSD-11.1/amd64
machine.

smbclient - Version 4.6.11
Windows 10 Pro - version 1709

I have tried numerous methods, like the following:

smbclient -I 192.168.0.102 -L HP-ENVY
protocol negotiation failed: NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET

In every instance, it ends with the "protocol" message displayed.

Is there anything I can do to correct this? Thanks!

--
Gerard

Re: smbclient and Win10 PRO

Samba - General mailing list
On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 02:21:08PM +0000, Gerard Seibert via samba wrote:

> I am having a problem with getting smbclient to interact with a Window 10
> PRO/64 bit machine. The smbclient is being run from a FreeBSD-11.1/amd64
> machine.
>
> smbclient - Version 4.6.11
> Windows 10 Pro - version 1709
>
> I have tried numerous methods, like the following:
>
> smbclient -I 192.168.0.102 -L HP-ENVY
> protocol negotiation failed: NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET
>
> In every instance, it ends with the "protocol" message displayed.
>
> Is there anything I can do to correct this? Thanks!

Ensure you're using smb2. Use smbclient -mSMB3