set file permission 755 in samba

Samba - General mailing list
I'm on FreeBSD 11 andI installed samba 36. When a user create a folder it
has 755 permission but when hhe create a file, it has 644 permission. I
want to set the file permission the same as folders but it dose'nt change.

*smb.conf:[global]...wins support = yesdns proxy = nounix extensions =
yesmap acl inherit = yesinherit permissions = yesposix locking = yesnt acl
support = yescreate mask = 0755force create mode = 0755strict locking =
nostore dos attributes = yescsc policy = disableinherit acls = Yesinherit
owner = no*
All of my shares are in a zfs pool and use from access list.

Thanks for your help.

Re: set file permission 755 in samba

Samba - General mailing list

Am 15.04.2017 um 13:12 schrieb Fatemeh Mehdizadeh via samba:
> I'm on FreeBSD 11 andI installed samba 36. When a user create a folder it
> has 755 permission but when hhe create a file, it has 644 permission. I
> want to set the file permission the same as folders but it dose'nt change.

you don't undestand filesystem permissions

the directory needs 755 (executable) but the file on a smb share only
644 (exectute permissions should be avoided in general where they are
not needed)

https://www.linux.com/learn/understanding-linux-file-permissions

Permission Types
execute - The Execute permission affects a user's capability to execute
a file or view the contents of a directory.

Re: set file permission 755 in samba

Samba - General mailing list
stay on list and avoid HTML mails

Am 16.04.2017 um 07:17 schrieb Fatemeh Mehdizadeh:
> Thanks for your reply
>
> Where should I set file on a smb share permission. I changed the smb
> config as below:
>
> *create mask = 0644
> directory mask = 0755
> force create mode = 0644

which means only owner has permissions to write

> example:
> My pool is named : *storage*
> I have a dataset int pool named: *test*
>
> I set acl on *test*:
> *setfacl -m u:user1:rwxp:allow storage/test/
>
> *
> Now, user1 connect to server with samba from his system. he create a
> file named salary.txt and a folder named clients.
> the permissions are:
> *
> #ls -l
> drwxr-xr-x  5 user1  wheel   clients
> -rw-r--r--  1 user1 ***wheel*  salary.txt
>
> *
> user1 from his system cannot delete/modify salary.txt although he has
> write permission.
>
> Would you please help me to figure out the mistake?
> Thanks

this has still nothing to do with the wrong topic of "755 for files"
which you could have easily verify by chmod it manually - your original
post did not contain any information about permissions problems besides
"don't look like i want them to look"

which client?

for OSX clients we had enough of what Finder thinks he has permissions
and ended whith enforce read/write for everyone on the filesystem and
control access only with write list / read list for groups in the smb
share configs

if samba then only would ignore any chmod requests from the clients and
enforce  "inherit permissions = yes" and "inherit acls = yes" unconditional