samba4 windows 10 pro bitlocker key managment

samba4 windows 10 pro bitlocker key managment

yabko
hi

did anyone successfully implemented bitlocker key management in samba4 ad?
searching web i can find one hit on this

http://kidcartouche.blogspot.com/2013/03/bitlocker-drive-encryption-and-samba4.html

i'm on 4.3.3. do i still need to import the bitlocker schema?
any info on the subject is appreciated.

thanks

Re: samba4 windows 10 pro bitlocker key managment

Rowland penny-7
On 23/12/15 02:26, yabko wrote:
> hi
>
> did anyone successfully implemented bitlocker key management in samba4 ad?
> searching web i can find one hit on this
>
> http://kidcartouche.blogspot.com/2013/03/bitlocker-drive-encryption-and-samba4.html
>
> i'm on 4.3.3. do i still need to import the bitlocker schema?

Never attempted this, but on link you provided is this:

If you have installed a domain controller running Windows Server 2008
Beta 2, you must upgrade the schema to sch39 or later, or complete the
following procedure.

Samba4 uses schema 47, so this bit is probably not required, all the
objectclasses & attributes are in Samba AD.

Rowland
> any info on the subject is appreciated.
>
> thanks

Re: samba4 windows 10 pro bitlocker key managment

yabko
This post was updated on .
thanks Rowland penny-7. I enabled the feature and the BitLocker tab shows up on computer account. Set the bitlocker gpo settings and encrypted the drive. the recovery password is stored in the bitlocker tab in ADUC.