[samba] what erally means --with-dnsupdate?

[samba] what erally means --with-dnsupdate?

Samba - General mailing list
Hi all,

Using help of configure script we can found taht:

  --with-dnsupdate
            Build with dnsupdate support (default=yes)

what does taht really enable/disable?

A - Is this option related to DC only?
A1 - Is this to allow internal DNS to support DNS updates?
A2- Is this to allow all DNS sub-system to support DNS updates?
B - Is this for Samba as AD client?

Re: [samba] what erally means --with-dnsupdate?

Samba - General mailing list
On Sat, 2017-09-02 at 12:58 +0200, mathias dufresne via samba wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Using help of configure script we can found taht:
>
>   --with-dnsupdate
>             Build with dnsupdate support (default=yes)
>
> what does taht really enable/disable?
>
> A - Is this option related to DC only?
> A1 - Is this to allow internal DNS to support DNS updates?
> A2- Is this to allow all DNS sub-system to support DNS updates?
> B - Is this for Samba as AD client?

B, this on-by default option simply controls if 'net ads join' attempts
a DNS update after a join on a client (member server).  Just leave it
alone, and we will probably remove it in the future.