samba ad sysrepl

Samba - General mailing list
Hello,
I have installed an samba ad1 and an samba ad2 with replication.
On the dc1 "samba-tool drs showrepl" say "... was successful"
On dc2 there is the same.

When dc1 goes down I get an Error (on my client):

Active Directory Users and Computers error: "server is not operational"

What is wrong here?
For my understand that is no Replication, when one goes down and the
management console doest work anymore.

Best regards

Re: samba ad sysrepl

Samba - General mailing list
who are the DNS servers your workstations have configured? Windows does not behave very
well if the first DNS is offline, as far as I have tested.

--

Vinicius Silva
SOC

BRA: + 55 51 2117.1000 | 55 11 5521.2021
USA: + 1 888 259.5801
[hidden email]
skype: vinicius.bones.silva

        Smiley face

www.e-trust.com.br <http://www.e-trust.com.br/>

Esta mensagem pode conter informações confidenciais ou privilegiadas. Se você recebeu esta
mensagem por engano, você não deve usar, copiar, divulgar ou tomar qualquer atitude com
base nestas informações. Solicitamos que você apague a mensagem imediatamente e avise a
E-TRUST, enviando um e-mail para [hidden email]. Opiniões, conclusões ou
informações contidas nesta mensagem não necessariamente refletem a posição oficial da
E-TRUST. Caso assinada digitalmente, a autenticidade desta mensagem pode ser confirmada
pela Autoridade Certificadora Privada E-TRUST, disponível em www.e-trust.com.br.

This message may contain privileged and confidential information for the use of the
intended recipients only. If you are not an intended recipient then you should not
disseminate, copy, or take any action based on its contents. If you have received this
message in error then please notify E-TRUST by sending an e-mail message to
[hidden email] immediately. Views and opinions expressed in this message do not
necessarily reflect the position of E-TRUST. If this message is digitally signed, its
authenticity can be confirmed by E-TRUST Private Certificate Authority, available at
www.e-trust.com.br.

Re: samba ad sysrepl

Type :  host your.domain.tld
That should give you 2 ipadresses since your having 2 dc.s

If not, there is something wrong, what? For that we need more info.
Go here :
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Samba_DC_to_an_Existing_Active_Directory
start at : Testing the local dns server.

Greetz,

Louis

p.s is weekend !!! beer time. :-)
back Monday.

Re: samba ad sysrepl

Hello,
i have found by myself. the 2nd dns where missing on client.

On 17.02.2017 16:56, Vinicius Bones Silva via samba wrote:

> who are the DNS servers your workstations have configured? Windows does
> not behave very well if the first DNS is offline, as far as I have tested.
>
> Em 17/02/2017 13:20, basti via samba escreveu:
>> Hello,
>> I have installed an samba ad1 and an samba ad2 with replication.
>> On the dc1 "samba-tool drs showrepl" say "... was successful"
>> On dc2 there is the same.
>>
>> When dc1 goes down I get an Error (on my client):
>>
>> Active Directory Users and Computers error: "server is not operational"
>>
>> What is wrong here?
>> For my understand that is no Replication, when one goes down and the
>> management console doest work anymore.
>>
>> Best regards

Re: samba ad sysrepl

cheers