rsync: getcwd(): bad address (14)

Philippe MALADJIAN
Hello,

I'm using cwRync to backup my users computeurs. When he closing her
Windows session i go (with GPO) a script batch to copy a files/dirs on
my rsync server (OpenMediaVault).

When i manuel start the script it's ok but when he go to the closed
session i've this error

rsync: getcwd():Bad address(14)
rsync error: errors selecting input/output files, dirs (code3) at util.c
(1177)
[Receive=3.1.1pre1]

This error is present on the Windows 7 64bit computeurs but on winds 7
32bits it's ok.

Have you got a idea ?
Thank's

--
Cordialement,
Philippe MALADJIAN.

pmaladjian.vcf (296 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: rsync: getcwd(): bad address (14)

Mi-2
It's almost a year later, but since Google quickly led me to this post in the
archives, I guess the answer may be useful to others.

Had the same error today, in the same situation: cwrsync in Win7x64, batch file
started by Local computer Policy on shutdown.

There is something special in the cmd.exe environment when a script is started in
this way. The solution was to cd to the directory where cwrsync is installed before
starting rsync. My script which works is now something like:

     SETLOCAL
     SET CWRSYNCHOME=C:\util\cwrsync
     SET CWOLDPATH=%PATH%
     SET PATH=%CWRSYNCHOME%;%PATH%

     cd "%CWRSYNCHOME%"

     rsync ...

Maybe the PATH change would not be needed now, but I didn't test without it.

Mi