overwrite read-only file with inplace option

overwrite read-only file with inplace option

Samba - rsync mailing list
Hello,
rsync is unable to overwrite read-only destination files with the
--inplace option. I think this is expected behavior but not convenient
for our case. I wrote a small patch that in case of an permission denied
error, adds the owner write bit to the permissions and tries to open the
destination file again for write again.

It's not very elegant but it solved our problem. I attached the patch in
case it's useful for someone.

Cheers,
Bram

--
Institute of Astronomy
Universtity of Leuven

change-permission-for-inplace-write.patch (649 bytes) Download Attachment