offline authentication

rjst
Hi,

    I need to authenticate users of an application against a windows
domain, but I need it to work offline.
    I've used JCifs in the past (the web filter), so I'm used the API
before.

    My first doubt is if it can be done. I know local workstations cache
login credentials, is there a way to take advantage of this ?

    What I would really like to do is to obtain the logged user and his
groups from JCifs, but last time I checked this wasn't possible. I also
looked at jcifs-ext, but it seems stuck in time against jcifs 0.9.4.

    Thanks for any help.

Ricardo