'net ads join' and Active Directory Domains with two DCs where one is down ...

'net ads join' and Active Directory Domains with two DCs where one is down ...

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
I noticed a case where 'net ads join' was failing to a particular
Active Directory domain when one of the two DCs in the domain was down
(DNS is configured for two ip addresses for the realm but one was down
and couldn't be pinged).  (Sometimes it gets it right and it works -
but presumably is just luck which it tries first).

Do we expect 'net ads join' to automatically handle the case where one
of the 2 DCs in the domain is down?

Steve