most

Samba - linux mailing list
I came upon this pager here. So I have installed it.
https://www.2daygeek.com/linux-color-man-pages-configuration-less-most-command/

{
Add below environment variable into .bashrc file.

$ export PAGER="most"
or
$ export PAGER="/usr/bin/most -s"

Run the following command to take this effect.

# source ~/.bashrc

Now, open any command man page which will show colored output.
}

As I use the fish shell, I suppose that I must instead adjust
"config.fish". Please advise.
--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/

Re: most

Samba - linux mailing list
On 4 October 2017 at 22:12, Bryan Kilgallin (iiNet) via linux
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I came upon this pager here. So I have installed it.
> https://www.2daygeek.com/linux-color-man-pages-configuration-less-most-command/
>
> {
> Add below environment variable into .bashrc file.
>
> $ export PAGER="most"
> or
> $ export PAGER="/usr/bin/most -s"
>
> Run the following command to take this effect.
>
> # source ~/.bashrc
>
> Now, open any command man page which will show colored output.
> }
>
> As I use the fish shell, I suppose that I must instead adjust "config.fish".
> Please advise.

Try something like this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25632846/how-to-set-environment-variables-in-fish-shell

Just an FYI: I used most as my pager for a while; I don't remember the
exact problem, but there were some incompatibility issues with various
tools assuming a less-like pager (possibly my trying to set colouring
in man pages, etc.?).

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
[hidden email]