mirror block devices

Samba - rsync mailing list
Hi folks,

I have to migrate a set of iscsi backstores to a new target via network.
To reduce downtime I would like to mirror the active volumes first, next
stop the initators, and then do a final incremental sync.

The backstores have a size between 256 GByte and 1 TByte each. In toto
its about 8 TByte.

Of course I have found the --copy-devices patch, but I wonder if this
works as expected? Is it worth the effort?

Every helpful comment is highly appreciated.
Harri

Re: mirror block devices

Samba - rsync mailing list
You can also look at chunksync http://chunksync.florz.de/