ldbsearch fails due to LDB_MODULES_PATH not set, is it critical for ADDC operation?

ldbsearch fails due to LDB_MODULES_PATH not set, is it critical for ADDC operation?

Samba - General mailing list
Hello,
ldbsearch -H .... fails with a message that samba_dsdb
is not found and LDB_MODULES_PATH needs to be set.

Fixing it temporarily with:
export LDB_MODULES_PATH=/usr/lib64/samba/ldb

allows ldbseach command to work.
Is it critical for ADDC operation though?

[root@feddc ~]# rpm -q samba libldb ldb-tools samba-dc
samba-4.7.0-12.fc27.x86_64
libldb-1.2.2-1.fc27.x86_64
ldb-tools-1.2.2-1.fc27.x86_64
samba-dc-4.7.0-12.fc27.x86_64
[root@feddc ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Fedora release 27 (Twenty Seven)

Thank you for looking into it
Lin

Re: ldbsearch fails due to LDB_MODULES_PATH not set, is it critical for ADDC operation?

Samba - General mailing list
On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 01:20:28 -0500
LinforPros IT Solutions via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> ldbsearch -H .... fails with a message that samba_dsdb
> is not found and LDB_MODULES_PATH needs to be set.
>
> Fixing it temporarily with:
> export LDB_MODULES_PATH=/usr/lib64/samba/ldb
>
> allows ldbseach command to work.
> Is it critical for ADDC operation though?
>
> [root@feddc ~]# rpm -q samba libldb ldb-tools samba-dc
> samba-4.7.0-12.fc27.x86_64
> libldb-1.2.2-1.fc27.x86_64
> ldb-tools-1.2.2-1.fc27.x86_64
> samba-dc-4.7.0-12.fc27.x86_64
> [root@feddc ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
> Fedora release 27 (Twenty Seven)
>

> Thank you for looking into it
> Lin

You are running Samba on an OS that hasn't been released yet, and
'LDB_MODULES_PATH' should be set during the package installation.

It would seem you have found a bug, a Fedora bug, I would suggest you
go and report it to Fedora, it has nothing to do with Samba ;-)

Re: ldbsearch fails due to LDB_MODULES_PATH not set, is it critical for ADDC operation?

Samba - General mailing list
I suggest he runs :

rpm -q samba samba-* lib?db*
And post that, looks to me he is missing the samba-dsdb-modules and maybe samba-vfs-modules also.
But i dont know much about Fedora..

Greetz.

Louis

On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 10:17:53 +0200
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I suggest he runs :
>
> rpm -q samba samba-* lib?db*
> And post that, looks to me he is missing the samba-dsdb-modules and
> maybe samba-vfs-modules also. But i dont know much about Fedora..

I don't use Fedora either, but it is obvious this isn't a samba
problem, it is either a lack of a package or a Fedora package problem.
Either way, the OP should ask Fedora for help, if it is a bug they need
to know.