is possible save a copy of the printed files?

is possible save a copy of the printed files?

Im looking for an option to keep the files printed.  Cups can preserve
the print jobs, but we need save the file and open if if is necessary.

By example: print a spreadsheet document and save that spreadsheet in
some storage to take it again if is necessary.

Is possible do that?

thanks a lot.

Re: is possible save a copy of the printed files?

Am 28.09.2017 um 20:45 schrieb kazabe via samba:
> Im looking for an option to keep the files printed.  Cups can preserve
> the print jobs, but we need save the file and open if if is necessary.
>
> By example: print a spreadsheet document and save that spreadsheet in
> some storage to take it again if is necessary.
>
> Is possible do that?

Write a script that saves the output to a PDF and additionally forwards
it to CUPS. Then use the script in the "print command" parameter in
smb.conf.

There are some solutions out there. For example:

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/cups-and-samba-to-print-one-print-job-to-2-printers-tutorial-added-756040/#post3688155

Regards,
Marc