is it possible to access samba shares with different WorkGroup

is it possible to access samba shares with different WorkGroup

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
Hi Team,

Is it possible to access samba shares from windows pc which is having
different WORKGROUP. ?

I have compiled samba-4.5.5 for MIPS architecture successfully.

In My smb.conf file, i have configured workgroup = WORKGROUP.

From windows PC, (it has workgroup = SAMBA), is it possible to access samba
shares?

Or we can't access samba shares with different workgroup than we have
configured.

Note : Currently i am able to access from my windows pc (workgroup = SAMBA)
to the samba shares (workgroup = WORKGROUP)

Please tell me the exact behaviour.

Thanks & Regards,
Jawath Muckdhar
--

be inspired ! be happy! be urself!

~ jawath ~

Re: is it possible to access samba shares with different WorkGroup

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
On Tue, 9 May 2017 12:36:44 +0530
Jawath Muckdhar via samba-technical <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Is it possible to access samba shares from windows pc which is having
> different WORKGROUP. ?
>
> Note : Currently i am able to access from my windows pc (workgroup =
> SAMBA) to the samba shares (workgroup = WORKGROUP)

I am a bit confused here ;-)

First you ask a question, then you answer it yourself, yes of course
you can connect to another workgroup, you just need the username &
password of a user known to the other workgroup.

Can I also point out that this type of question shouldn't really be
sent to samba-technical, it should be sent to the samba mailing list.

Rowland