hpux samba3 logon script not running

Samba - General mailing list
Hello,

I am new to this and trying to check how logon script runs.

But not able to do so. Though i am able to execute it later from the share
itself.

Below is my smb.conf file.

[global]
   logon script = %U.bat
   workgroup = cifsdom
   security = user
   netbios name = cifs
   encrypt passwords = yes
   password server = *
   log file = /var/opt/samba/log.%m
   debug level = 10
   max log size = 1000
   panic action = /var/opt/samba/panic-action %d
   preserve case = yes
   short preserve case = yes
   dos filetime resolution = yes
   read only = no
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   domain master = yes
   local master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   domain logons = yes
   wins support = no
   wins server = machine ip
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   path = /home/%U
   browseable = no
   writable = no
   create mask = 0700
   directory mask = 0700
[tmp]
   comment = Temporary file space
   path = /tmp
   read only = no
[netlogon]
    comment = The domain logon service
    path = /var/opt/samba/netlogon
    writable = yes
    browseable = no
    guest ok = no

Arjit Kumar

Re: hpux samba3 logon script not running

Samba - General mailing list
Hello Arjit,

Am 24.01.2017 um 14:41 schrieb Arjit Gupta via samba:

> I am new to this and trying to check how logon script runs.
>
> But not able to do so. Though i am able to execute it later from the share
> itself.
>
> Below is my smb.conf file.
>
> [global]
>    logon script = %U.bat
> [netlogon]
>     comment = The domain logon service
>     path = /var/opt/samba/netlogon

Is the logon script available directly in the root of the "netlogon"
share? You use %U.bat, where %U is replaced with the user name (for
example "agupta.bat"). Can you please check if files for each user exist
in /var/opt/samba/netlogon/ ?

To make sure that it's not a problem of variable substitution, temporarily:
- Change "%U.bat" to "script.bat".
- Reload Samba.
- Create the file "/var/opt/samba/netlogon/script.bat" with some
content. For example:
  net use X: \\cifs\tmp
- Verify that you can execute the script by double-clicking.
- Log on and see, if the X: drive is mapped.

Regards,
Marc

Re: hpux samba3 logon script not running

Samba - General mailing list
Hi All,

As mentioned earlier i am new to this.
With my testing i am confused with below lines mentioned in Using Samba 2nd
edition subheading 4.4.

>>or to* log on* to the domain, in the case of Windows NT/2000/XP

>>Most commonly, the logon script is used to run a net command, such as net
>>use, to connect a network drive letter, like this:
>>net use T: \\toltec\test
>>This command will make our [test] share (from Chapter 2) show up as the
T: drive in My Computer.
>>This will happen automatically, and T: will be available to the user at
the beginning of her session, instead
>>of requiring her to run the net use command or connect the T: drive using
the Map Network Drive
>> function of Windows Explorer.

Query:- My understanding is samba only offers file, printer share services
and we authenticate user to access these services.
*Is it possible to logon from windows client directly to CIFS Domain ? If
so please share how could i do the same ?*

Usually i starts by login into my windows machine and then mount cifs drive
by using Map Network Drive.

Arjit Kumar
9650104435