extract palm pilot calendar on linux?

Samba - linux mailing list
Hi,

A friend has old palm pilot files (the device is gone as is all related software).
They want access to the information, in any readable form (.csv?). Better to not need
to send the data to a website or buy commercial software (this is a one-off need).

I see, e.g.
        http://everythinglinux.org/palm/palm_content.html
It lists some perl modules, but so far I am not sure if these work with the device
or the offline files. I am continuing the search...

Anyone has done this? Know how to do this? Any pointer will save me time/effort.

TIA

--
Eyal Lebedinsky ([hidden email])

Re: extract palm pilot calendar on linux?

Samba - linux mailing list
On 05/04/17 11:13, Eyal Lebedinsky via linux wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A friend has old palm pilot files (the device is gone as is all related software).
> They want access to the information, in any readable form (.csv?). Better to not need
> to send the data to a website or buy commercial software (this is a one-off need).
>
> I see, e.g.
>     http://everythinglinux.org/palm/palm_content.html
> It lists some perl modules, but so far I am not sure if these work with the device
> or the offline files. I am continuing the search...
>
> Anyone has done this? Know how to do this? Any pointer will save me time/effort.
>
> TIA

I ended up installing palm desktop from
        https://www.companionlink.com/downloads/pdt/PalmDesktopWin62.exe
which allowed perusing the palm-pilot files on the PC.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky ([hidden email])