Quantcast

doubt

Samba - General mailing list
I added a linux server to the Active Directory domain, I realized that the
samba-winbind package uses the smb.conf file, but I also need to use the
same linux server with shares, if I install the samba package, this package
use the smb.conf file. Is there a solution?

Then i have problem with 2 services.

Example
systemctl services:

smb.service
winbind.service

My system is Centos 7.

--
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

< Disse-lhe Jesus: Eu sou o caminho, e a verdade e a vida; ninguém vem ao
Pai, senão por mim >
                                                             (João 14:6)

                                                                    Att.
                                        ♪ ♫  Luiz Guilherme Nunes
Fernandes  ♫ ♪

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Re: doubt

Samba - General mailing list
Well...

Perhaps you can use samba with another smb.conf...

smbd -s <path to smb.conf>

man smbd

[hidden email]>:

> I added a linux server to the Active Directory domain, I realized that the
> samba-winbind package uses the smb.conf file, but I also need to use the
> same linux server with shares, if I install the samba package, this package
> use the smb.conf file. Is there a solution?
>
> Then i have problem with 2 services.
>
> Example
> systemctl services:
>
> smb.service
> winbind.service
>
> My system is Centos 7.
>
> --
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-----------------------------------------
> -------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
> < Disse-lhe Jesus: Eu sou o caminho, e a verdade e a vida; ninguém vem ao
> Pai, senão por mim >
>                                                              (João 14:6)
>
>                                                                     Att.
>                                         ♪ ♫  Luiz Guilherme Nunes
> Fernandes  ♫ ♪
>
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-----------------------------------------

Obrigado

Cordialmente

Gilberto Ferreira

Consultor TI Linux | IaaS Proxmox, CloudStack, KVM | Zentyal Server |
Zimbra Mail Server

(47) 3025-5907
(47) 99676-7530

Skype: konnectati

www.konnectati.com.br

Re: doubt

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 12:39:33 -0300
Luiz Guilherme Nunes Fernandes via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I added a linux server to the Active Directory domain, I realized
> that the samba-winbind package uses the smb.conf file, but I also
> need to use the same linux server with shares, if I install the samba
> package, this package use the smb.conf file. Is there a solution?

Is this actually a problem ???
This is the way Samba usually works, one smb.conf that winbind uses to
get the authentication settings which it passes to smbd (over
simplification) and smbd uses the same smb.conf to get its settings and
the shares info.

It might help if you could tell us just how you expect Samba to work.

> Then i have problem with 2 services.
>
> Example
> systemctl services:
>
> smb.service
> winbind.service

Yes, you do have a problem, 'nmb' isn't running ;-)

Re: doubt

Well, i need join 1 server Linux in Active Directory, i need too, create
one domain in samba for shared printers with cups.

But i need use users and groups of ad with shared in samba. This is my
idea. I use samba winbind for read user and groups, i testing with apache
and ssh, with this applications, working,  but for shareding no. Does have
any idea?

--
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

< Disse-lhe Jesus: Eu sou o caminho, e a verdade e a vida; ninguém vem ao
Pai, senão por mim >
                                                             (João 14:6)

                                                                    Att.
                                        ♪ ♫  Luiz Guilherme Nunes
Fernandes  ♫ ♪

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Re: doubt

Samba - General mailing list
On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 11:31 AM Luiz Guilherme Nunes Fernandes via samba <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Well, i need join 1 server Linux in Active Directory, i need too, create
> one domain in samba for shared printers with cups.
>
> But i need use users and groups of ad with shared in samba. This is my
> idea. I use samba winbind for read user and groups, i testing with apache
> and ssh, with this applications, working,  but for shareding no. Does have
> any idea?

still not quite clear.  it sounds like you want to have this server host an
AD as well as join one, but it doesn't seem like you actually need that.

you can have samba as a member server providing file and print services in
external AD domain.

Re: doubt

Hi Luiz...

I think you just misunderstood the concept of Samba...
You can indeed you samba to make both task... Just join your samba box to
AD and be happy.

[hidden email]>:

> Well, i need join 1 server Linux in Active Directory, i need too, create
> one domain in samba for shared printers with cups.
>
> But i need use users and groups of ad with shared in samba. This is my
> idea. I use samba winbind for read user and groups, i testing with apache
> and ssh, with this applications, working,  but for shareding no. Does have
> any idea?

> [hidden email]>:
>
> > I added a linux server to the Active Directory domain, I realized that
> the
> > samba-winbind package uses the smb.conf file, but I also need to use the
> > same linux server with shares, if I install the samba package, this
> package
> > use the smb.conf file. Is there a solution?
> >
> > Then i have problem with 2 services.
> >
> > Example
> > systemctl services:
> >
> > smb.service
> > winbind.service
> >
> > My system is Centos 7.
> >
> > --
> > <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-----------------------------------------
> > -------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >
> > < Disse-lhe Jesus: Eu sou o caminho, e a verdade e a vida; ninguém vem ao
> > Pai, senão por mim >
> >                                                              (João 14:6)
> >
> >                                                                     Att.
> >                                         ♪ ♫  Luiz Guilherme Nunes
> > Fernandes  ♫ ♪
> >
> > <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-----------------------------------------
> > -------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >

> --
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-----------------------------------------
> -------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
> < Disse-lhe Jesus: Eu sou o caminho, e a verdade e a vida; ninguém vem ao
> Pai, senão por mim >
>                                                              (João 14:6)
>
>                                                                     Att.
>                                         ♪ ♫  Luiz Guilherme Nunes
> Fernandes  ♫ ♪
>
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-----------------------------------------

Obrigado

Cordialmente

Gilberto Ferreira

Consultor TI Linux | IaaS Proxmox, CloudStack, KVM | Zentyal Server |
Zimbra Mail Server

(47) 3025-5907
(47) 99676-7530

Skype: konnectati

www.konnectati.com.br

Re: doubt

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 13:26:11 -0300
Luiz Guilherme Nunes Fernandes via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Well, i need join 1 server Linux in Active Directory, i need too,
> create one domain in samba for shared printers with cups.
>
> But i need use users and groups of ad with shared in samba. This is my
> idea. I use samba winbind for read user and groups, i testing with
> apache and ssh, with this applications, working,  but for shareding
> no. Does have any idea?

OK, it sounds like you need a Unix domain member, have a look here:

If you follow the above, authentication will work and so will ssh.

For Apache see here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Authenticating_Apache_against_Active_Directory

For printers, see here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Print_Server_Support

Any questions, just ask and we will try to help ;-)

Re: doubt

This problem, in the computer park there is a domain controller microsoft
without shared printers, I need to use another server with samba shares +
cups, but with authentication in the microsoft active directory.
I try parameters securty = ads (join machine in domain) and user ( cant
read users with nslcd and nsswitch , but only work with ssh and apache.

Topology

1 server microsoft windows ( Have user and groups tree and shared paste) (
This server ok, work with pdc, and shared paste )
1 Linux with samba and need only shared printers with authentication in
previous server . ( No work )

Rowland Penny
What I basically want to do is use the users and groups from the active
directory in my new samba with shared printers. What I can not do this
authentication.

This question is, i can use winbind for new shared printers? i join the
machine in domain, and cups work with anonymous. But any idea?

# My mini tutorial

#########################
(First test)
#########################

realm join --client-software=winbind -U login NONAME.COM.BR
realm list
authconfig --enablewinbindusedefaultdomain --update

wbinfo -t
wbinfo -g
wbinfo -u

Work (join in domain, and list groups and users)

i can use for authentication ssh and apache (work)

### My problem
Acually File with winbind

   workgroup = NONAME
   realm = NONAME.COM.BR
   security = ads
   idmap config * : range = 16777216-33554431
   template homedir = /home/%U@%D
   template shell = /bin/bash
   kerberos method = secrets only
   winbind use default domain = true
   winbind offline logon = true
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   log level = 3

passdb backend = tdbsam
printing = cups
printcap name = cups
load printers = yes
cups options = raw
winbind refresh tickets = yes
winbind enum groups = no
winbind enum users = no

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
valid users = %S, %D%w%S
browseable = No
read only = No
inherit acls = Yes

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/tmp
printable = Yes
create mask = 0600
browseable = No
        valid users = abc, bcd, dce, @grups_printers

[print$]
comment = Printer Drivers
path = /var/lib/samba/drivers
write list = root
create mask = 0664
directory mask = 0775

#########################
(Second test)

### My problem
#########################

yum install -y nss-pam-ldapd nscd

ldapsearch ( work, i can search and groups and users too)

nslcd.conf work too

i can use for authentication ssh and apache (work)

### My problem
Acually File with samba
[global]

workgroup = NOMEDOMINIO
netbios name = MADAGASCAR
server string = Servidor de Arquivos

security = user
encrypt passwords = true
enable privileges = yes
passdb backend = tdbsam

printing = cups
load printers = yes

enable privileges = yes

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
browseable = no
writable = yes

[print$]

path = /var/samba/printers
read only = yes
write list = printer
inherit permissions = yes

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/samba
browseable = yes
guest ok = yes
writable = no
printable = yes

--
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

< Disse-lhe Jesus: Eu sou o caminho, e a verdade e a vida; ninguém vem ao
Pai, senão por mim >
                                                             (João 14:6)

                                                                    Att.
                                        ♪ ♫  Luiz Guilherme Nunes
Fernandes  ♫ ♪

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Re: doubt

Samba - General mailing list
On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 14:28:12 -0300
Luiz Guilherme Nunes Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Topology
>
> 1 server microsoft windows ( Have user and groups tree and shared
> paste) ( This server ok, work with pdc, and shared paste )
> 1 Linux with samba and need only shared printers with authentication
> in previous server . ( No work )
>

> Rowland Penny
> What I basically want to do is use the users and groups from the
> active directory in my new samba with shared printers. What I can not
> do this authentication.
>
> This question is, i can use winbind for new shared printers? i join
> the machine in domain, and cups work with anonymous. But any idea?
>

> # My mini tutorial
>
> #########################
> (First test)
> #########################
>
> realm join --client-software=winbind -U login NONAME.COM.BR
> realm list
> authconfig --enablewinbindusedefaultdomain --update
>
> wbinfo -t
> wbinfo -g
> wbinfo -u
>
> Work (join in domain, and list groups and users)
>
> i can use for authentication ssh and apache (work)
>
> ### My problem
> Acually File with winbind
>
>    workgroup = NONAME
>    realm = NONAME.COM.BR
>    security = ads
>    idmap config * : range = 16777216-33554431
>    template homedir = /home/%U@%D
>    template shell = /bin/bash
>    kerberos method = secrets only
>    winbind use default domain = true
>    winbind offline logon = true
>    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
>    log level = 3
>

> passdb backend = tdbsam
> printing = cups
> printcap name = cups
> load printers = yes
> cups options = raw
> winbind refresh tickets = yes
> winbind enum groups = no
> winbind enum users = no
>
> [homes]
> comment = Home Directories
> valid users = %S, %D%w%S
> browseable = No
> read only = No
> inherit acls = Yes
>
> [printers]
> comment = All Printers
> path = /var/tmp
> printable = Yes
> create mask = 0600
> browseable = No
>         valid users = abc, bcd, dce, @grups_printers
>
> [print$]
> comment = Printer Drivers
> path = /var/lib/samba/drivers
> write list = root
> create mask = 0664
> directory mask = 0775
>
> #########################
> (Second test)
>
> ### My problem
> #########################
>
> yum install -y nss-pam-ldapd nscd
>
> ldapsearch ( work, i can search and groups and users too)
>
> nslcd.conf work too
>
> i can use for authentication ssh and apache (work)

Are you using sssd as well ?
If so, you should decide which to use, sssd or winbind, you cannot use
both.

If you are not using sssd, you haven't set up the smb.conf correctly,
see the pages I pointed you to.

If you are using sssd and want to continue using it, you should remove
winbind and then contact the sssd-users mailing list, this is not a
Samba problem.

Re: doubt

Samba - General mailing list
Well, i dont have sssd installed.

With winbind i install this packages:
yum install realmd oddjob oddjob-mkhomedir adcli samba-common
samba-common-tools krb5-workstation openldap-clients policycoreutils-python
samba-winbind-clients

My nsswitch.conf

passwd:     files ldap winbind
shadow:     files ldap winbind
group:        files ldap winbind

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

< Disse-lhe Jesus: Eu sou o caminho, e a verdade e a vida; ninguém vem ao
Pai, senão por mim >
                                                             (João 14:6)

                                                                    Att.
                                        ♪ ♫  Luiz Guilherme Nunes
Fernandes  ♫ ♪

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Re: doubt

Samba - General mailing list
On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 14:57:45 -0300
Luiz Guilherme Nunes Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Well, i dont have sssd installed.

OK, now we know that ;-)

> With winbind i install this packages:
> yum install realmd oddjob oddjob-mkhomedir adcli samba-common
> samba-common-tools krb5-workstation openldap-clients
> policycoreutils-python samba-winbind-clients

I use Devuan and install these:

samba acl attr quota fam winbind libpam-winbind libpam-krb5
libnss-winbind krb5-config krb5-user ntp dnsutils ldb-tools

You probably have the red-hat versions of these packages installed, but
it might be worth checking.

> My nsswitch.conf
>
> passwd:     files ldap winbind
> shadow:     files ldap winbind
> group:        files ldap winbind

Remove 'ldap' you do not need it and it will use 'ldap' before 'winbind'

> > > # My mini tutorial
> > >
> > > #########################
> > > (First test)
> > > #########################
> > >
> > > realm join --client-software=winbind -U login NONAME.COM.BR
> > > realm list
> > > authconfig --enablewinbindusedefaultdomain --update
> > >
> > > wbinfo -t
> > > wbinfo -g
> > > wbinfo -u
> > >
> > > Work (join in domain, and list groups and users)

You need to get 'getent' to show your users & groups, until they are
shown, your OS doesn't know them.

> > > i can use for authentication ssh and apache (work)

Use the info on the wiki page I posted for apache.

> > > ### My problem
> > > Acually File with winbind
> > >
> > >    workgroup = NONAME
> > >    realm = NONAME.COM.BR
> > >    security = ads
> > >    idmap config * : range = 16777216-33554431
> > >    template homedir = /home/%U@%D
> > >    template shell = /bin/bash
> > >    kerberos method = secrets only
> > >    winbind use default domain = true
> > >    winbind offline logon = true

Use 'security = ads' and add something like

idmap config * : backend = tdb
idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
idmap config NONAME : backend = rid
idmap config NONAME : range = 10000-999999

You can change the ranges if you like, but there is no real point.
Incidentally, the range you used '167777216-33554431' looks like the
numbers sssd uses.

Please read the wiki pages I pointed you to, if you follow them, you
should end up with a working system that does what you require.

Re: doubt

Samba - General mailing list
Ok thanks, i make new tests.