Quantcast

creating CentOS 7 iso images

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
I've been trying to follow the instructions on the web for creating a
kickstart boot iso
but I cannot get it to work. mkisoimage does not generate a bootable iso
that I can
copy to my usb drive. Has anyone done this successfully?

Just to make sure it is nothing that I am adding I have just tried to
duplicate the
CentOS 7 minimal boot iso. I mounted the iso and copied the contents to
a new
directory test. The mkisofs command seems to work but the first 32K
bytes of
the .iso that is created are all zeros so it obviously will not boot.
When I mount
the created custom.iso and compare with the mounted minimal boot iso I see
that it has also modified the isolinux/boot.cat and
isolinux/isolinux.bin files

Here is the command I am using to create the iso. Anyone have any ideas
what
I am doing wrong?

mkisofs-ocustom.iso-bisolinux/isolinux.bin-cisolinux/boot.cat-no-emul-boot\
-V'CentOS 7 x86_64'-boot-load-size4-boot-info-table-R-J-v-Ttest/

Re: creating CentOS 7 iso images

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
Somehow the cut-and-past dropped all the spaces in my mkisofs command.
It should read