autobuild flakey follow symlinks = no tests

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

autobuild flakey follow symlinks = no tests

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
Hi Jeremy,

I recently saw flakey autobuilds like this:

https://git.samba.org/autobuild.flakey.sn-devel-144/2017-03-29-1235/samba.stdout
https://git.samba.org/autobuild.flakey.sn-devel-144/2017-04-11-1234/samba.stdout
https://git.samba.org/autobuild.flakey.sn-devel-144/2017-04-08-0635/samba.stdout

[312(1368)/2088 at 16m41s] samba3.blackbox.smbclient_s3.crypt
(nt4_dc)(nt4_dc)
UNEXPECTED(failure): samba3.blackbox.smbclient_s3.crypt (nt4_dc).follow
symlinks = no(nt4_dc)
REASON: Exception: Exception: CLI_FORCE_INTERACTIVE=yes
/memdisk/autobuild/fl/b366054/samba/bin/smbclient
-Uautobuild%localntdc2pass //LOCALNT4DC2/nosymlinks -I 127.0.0.3
--configfile=/memdisk/autobuild/fl/b366054/samba/bin/ab/client/client.conf
-e
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED opening remote file \source
CLI_FORCE_INTERACTIVE=yes
/memdisk/autobuild/fl/b366054/samba/bin/smbclient
-Uautobuild%localntdc2pass //LOCALNT4DC2/nosymlinks -I 127.0.0.3
--configfile=/memdisk/autobuild/fl/b366054/samba/bin/ab/client/client.conf
-e
CLI_FORCE_INTERACTIVE=yes
/memdisk/autobuild/fl/b366054/samba/bin/smbclient
-Uautobuild%localntdc2pass //LOCALNT4DC2/nosymlinks -I 127.0.0.3
--configfile=/memdisk/autobuild/fl/b366054/samba/bin/ab/client/client.conf
-e
NT_STATUS_FILE_IS_A_DIRECTORY opening remote file ooar estfile
Domain=[SAMBA-TEST] OS=[] Server=[]
smb: \> cd fooar
smb: ooar\> ls
  .                                   D        0  Sat Apr  8 06:31:00 2017
  ..                                  D        0  Sat Apr  8 06:31:00 2017
  testfile                            D        0  Sat Apr  8 06:31:00 2017

                39240824 blocks of size 1024. 32633896 blocks available
smb: ooar\> get testfile -
NT_STATUS_FILE_IS_A_DIRECTORY opening remote file ooar estfile
smb: ooar\> quit
failed - NT_STATUS_XXXX doing cd fooar; get testfile on
osymlinks

FAILED (1 failures, 0 errors and 0 unexpected successes in 0 testsuites)

Do you have an idea where the memory corruption is happening,
maybe a wrong talloc context somewhere?

metze


signature.asc (853 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: autobuild flakey follow symlinks = no tests

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
On Wednesday, 12 April 2017 13:46:41 CEST Stefan Metzmacher via samba-
technical wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> I recently saw flakey autobuilds like this:
>
> https://git.samba.org/autobuild.flakey.sn-devel-144/2017-03-29-1235/samba.st
> dout
> https://git.samba.org/autobuild.flakey.sn-devel-144/2017-04-11-1234/samba.s
> tdout
> https://git.samba.org/autobuild.flakey.sn-devel-144/2017-04-08-0635/samba.s
> tdout
>
> [312(1368)/2088 at 16m41s] samba3.blackbox.smbclient_s3.crypt
> (nt4_dc)(nt4_dc)
> UNEXPECTED(failure): samba3.blackbox.smbclient_s3.crypt (nt4_dc).follow
> symlinks = no(nt4_dc)
> REASON: Exception: Exception: CLI_FORCE_INTERACTIVE=yes
> /memdisk/autobuild/fl/b366054/samba/bin/smbclient
> -Uautobuild%localntdc2pass //LOCALNT4DC2/nosymlinks -I 127.0.0.3
> --configfile=/memdisk/autobuild/fl/b366054/samba/bin/ab/client/client.conf
> -e
> NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED opening remote file \source
> CLI_FORCE_INTERACTIVE=yes
> /memdisk/autobuild/fl/b366054/samba/bin/smbclient
> -Uautobuild%localntdc2pass //LOCALNT4DC2/nosymlinks -I 127.0.0.3
> --configfile=/memdisk/autobuild/fl/b366054/samba/bin/ab/client/client.conf
> -e
> CLI_FORCE_INTERACTIVE=yes
> /memdisk/autobuild/fl/b366054/samba/bin/smbclient
> -Uautobuild%localntdc2pass //LOCALNT4DC2/nosymlinks -I 127.0.0.3
> --configfile=/memdisk/autobuild/fl/b366054/samba/bin/ab/client/client.conf
> -e
> NT_STATUS_FILE_IS_A_DIRECTORY opening remote file ooar estfile
> Domain=[SAMBA-TEST] OS=[] Server=[]
> smb: \> cd fooar
> smb: ooar\> ls
>   .                                   D        0  Sat Apr  8 06:31:00 2017
>   ..                                  D        0  Sat Apr  8 06:31:00 2017
>   testfile                            D        0  Sat Apr  8 06:31:00 2017
>
> 39240824 blocks of size 1024. 32633896 blocks available
> smb: ooar\> get testfile -
> NT_STATUS_FILE_IS_A_DIRECTORY opening remote file ooar estfile
> smb: ooar\> quit
> failed - NT_STATUS_XXXX doing cd fooar; get testfile on
> osymlinks

Did those builds already have: a9bd9a143e6f76dcef011399433b7b779f1ed2e5

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             [hidden email]
www.samba.org

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: autobuild flakey follow symlinks = no tests

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
Hi Andreas,

>> I recently saw flakey autobuilds like this:
>>
>> https://git.samba.org/autobuild.flakey.sn-devel-144/2017-03-29-1235/samba.st
>> dout
>> https://git.samba.org/autobuild.flakey.sn-devel-144/2017-04-11-1234/samba.s
>> tdout
>> https://git.samba.org/autobuild.flakey.sn-devel-144/2017-04-08-0635/samba.s
>> tdout
>
> Did those builds already have: a9bd9a143e6f76dcef011399433b7b779f1ed2e5
Yes, 2017-04-11-1234 had this included.

metze


signature.asc (853 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: autobuild flakey follow symlinks = no tests

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
In reply to this post by Samba - samba-technical mailing list
On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 01:46:41PM +0200, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> I recently saw flakey autobuilds like this:
>
> https://git.samba.org/autobuild.flakey.sn-devel-144/2017-03-29-1235/samba.stdout
> https://git.samba.org/autobuild.flakey.sn-devel-144/2017-04-11-1234/samba.stdout
> https://git.samba.org/autobuild.flakey.sn-devel-144/2017-04-08-0635/samba.stdout
>
> [312(1368)/2088 at 16m41s] samba3.blackbox.smbclient_s3.crypt
> (nt4_dc)(nt4_dc)
> UNEXPECTED(failure): samba3.blackbox.smbclient_s3.crypt (nt4_dc).follow
> symlinks = no(nt4_dc)
> REASON: Exception: Exception: CLI_FORCE_INTERACTIVE=yes
> /memdisk/autobuild/fl/b366054/samba/bin/smbclient
> -Uautobuild%localntdc2pass //LOCALNT4DC2/nosymlinks -I 127.0.0.3
> --configfile=/memdisk/autobuild/fl/b366054/samba/bin/ab/client/client.conf
> -e
> NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED opening remote file \source
> CLI_FORCE_INTERACTIVE=yes
> /memdisk/autobuild/fl/b366054/samba/bin/smbclient
> -Uautobuild%localntdc2pass //LOCALNT4DC2/nosymlinks -I 127.0.0.3
> --configfile=/memdisk/autobuild/fl/b366054/samba/bin/ab/client/client.conf
> -e
> CLI_FORCE_INTERACTIVE=yes
> /memdisk/autobuild/fl/b366054/samba/bin/smbclient
> -Uautobuild%localntdc2pass //LOCALNT4DC2/nosymlinks -I 127.0.0.3
> --configfile=/memdisk/autobuild/fl/b366054/samba/bin/ab/client/client.conf
> -e
> NT_STATUS_FILE_IS_A_DIRECTORY opening remote file ooar estfile
> Domain=[SAMBA-TEST] OS=[] Server=[]
> smb: \> cd fooar
> smb: ooar\> ls
>   .                                   D        0  Sat Apr  8 06:31:00 2017
>   ..                                  D        0  Sat Apr  8 06:31:00 2017
>   testfile                            D        0  Sat Apr  8 06:31:00 2017
>
> 39240824 blocks of size 1024. 32633896 blocks available
> smb: ooar\> get testfile -
> NT_STATUS_FILE_IS_A_DIRECTORY opening remote file ooar estfile
> smb: ooar\> quit
> failed - NT_STATUS_XXXX doing cd fooar; get testfile on
> osymlinks
>
> FAILED (1 failures, 0 errors and 0 unexpected successes in 0 testsuites)
>
> Do you have an idea where the memory corruption is happening,
> maybe a wrong talloc context somewhere?

Oh that's really strange. That test is just calling standard
smbclient with normal 'mkdir', 'ls', 'cd' and 'get' commands
from a temp file.

The names are hard coded in the source3/script/tests/test_smbclient_s3.sh
test script, and the bad names are listed on the client side,
so this doesn't look like it could be a server change.

How reproducible is this ?

Loading...