apt.van-belle.nl offline?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
19 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

apt.van-belle.nl offline?

Samba - General mailing list
Hello L.P.H van Belle

Your apt are offline?

I am getting error messages while updating my distro and when I access the
https://apt.van-belle.nl/ the following message appears:

"Site: Unknown

This site you entered is not known by this server.

or did you used an ipaddress to access this server !

Try again with a correct hostname"

--
Elias Pereira
--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: apt.van-belle.nl offline?

Samba - General mailing list
Hai yes,

This was for a short time, its up again.

Its not updated yet, i removed the old package since these are unsafe.

New are comming.

Repo wil get 4.5.10
Manual update 4.6.4

So be patient, im guessing tomorrow, or tonight.
Dependes the wife tonight ;-)


Greetz,

Louis

 

> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: samba [mailto:[hidden email]] Namens
> Elias Pereira via samba
> Verzonden: woensdag 24 mei 2017 17:09
> Aan: [hidden email]
> Onderwerp: [Samba] apt.van-belle.nl offline?
>
> Hello L.P.H van Belle
>
> Your apt are offline?
>
> I am getting error messages while updating my distro and when
> I access the https://apt.van-belle.nl/ the following message appears:
>
> "Site: Unknown
>
> This site you entered is not known by this server.
>
> or did you used an ipaddress to access this server !
>
> Try again with a correct hostname"
>
> --
> Elias Pereira
> --
> To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
> instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
>
>


--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: apt.van-belle.nl offline?

Samba - General mailing list
Louis, thanks for fast answer!!!

Version 4.5.8-Debian is unsafe?

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 12:21 PM, L.P.H. van Belle via samba <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hai yes,
>
> This was for a short time, its up again.
>
> Its not updated yet, i removed the old package since these are unsafe.
>
> New are comming.
>
> Repo wil get 4.5.10
> Manual update 4.6.4
>
> So be patient, im guessing tomorrow, or tonight.
> Dependes the wife tonight ;-)
>
>
> Greetz,
>
> Louis
>
>
>
> > -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> > Van: samba [mailto:[hidden email]] Namens
> > Elias Pereira via samba
> > Verzonden: woensdag 24 mei 2017 17:09
> > Aan: [hidden email]
> > Onderwerp: [Samba] apt.van-belle.nl offline?
> >
> > Hello L.P.H van Belle
> >
> > Your apt are offline?
> >
> > I am getting error messages while updating my distro and when
> > I access the https://apt.van-belle.nl/ the following message appears:
> >
> > "Site: Unknown
> >
> > This site you entered is not known by this server.
> >
> > or did you used an ipaddress to access this server !
> >
> > Try again with a correct hostname"
> >
> > --
> > Elias Pereira
> > --
> > To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
> > instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
> instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
>



--
Elias Pereira
--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: apt.van-belle.nl offline?

Samba - General mailing list
Any version above 3.5 is unsafe..
 
Jessie 4.2.14 is patched.
https://www.debian.org/security/2017/dsa-3860
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/samba 
 
Stretch and 4.5.8-1 not yet, ( 4.5.8-2 wil be )
https://packages.debian.org/stretch/samba
 
Keep an eye on the list, i'll post when its my new ones are done.
 
 
Greetz,
 
Louis

Van: Elias Pereira [mailto:[hidden email]]
Verzonden: woensdag 24 mei 2017 17:30
Aan: L.P.H. van Belle
CC: [hidden email]
Onderwerp: Re: [Samba] apt.van-belle.nl offline?



Louis, thanks for fast answer!!!

Version 4.5.8-Debian is unsafe?



On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 12:21 PM, L.P.H. van Belle via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hai yes,

This was for a short time, its up again.

Its not updated yet, i removed the old package since these are unsafe.

New are comming.

Repo wil get 4.5.10
Manual update 4.6.4

So be patient, im guessing tomorrow, or tonight.
Dependes the wife tonight ;-)


Greetz,

Louis



> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: samba [mailto:[hidden email]] Namens
> Elias Pereira via samba
> Verzonden: woensdag 24 mei 2017 17:09
> Aan: [hidden email]
> Onderwerp: [Samba] apt.van-belle.nl offline?
>
> Hello L.P.H van Belle
>
> Your apt are offline?
>
> I am getting error messages while updating my distro and when
> I access the https://apt.van-belle.nl/ the following message appears:
>
> "Site: Unknown
>
> This site you entered is not known by this server.
>
> or did you used an ipaddress to access this server !
>
> Try again with a correct hostname"
>
> --
> Elias Pereira


> --
> To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
> instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
>
>


--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba





--
Elias Pereira

--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: apt.van-belle.nl offline?

Samba - General mailing list
Any news Louis? :D

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 3:16 PM, L.P.H. van Belle via samba <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Any version above 3.5 is unsafe..
>
> Jessie 4.2.14 is patched.
> https://www.debian.org/security/2017/dsa-3860
> https://packages.debian.org/jessie/samba
>
> Stretch and 4.5.8-1 not yet, ( 4.5.8-2 wil be )
> https://packages.debian.org/stretch/samba
>
> Keep an eye on the list, i'll post when its my new ones are done.
>
>
> Greetz,
>
> Louis
>
> Van: Elias Pereira [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Verzonden: woensdag 24 mei 2017 17:30
> Aan: L.P.H. van Belle
> CC: [hidden email]
> Onderwerp: Re: [Samba] apt.van-belle.nl offline?
>
>
>
> Louis, thanks for fast answer!!!
>
> Version 4.5.8-Debian is unsafe?
>
>
>
> On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 12:21 PM, L.P.H. van Belle via samba <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> Hai yes,
>
> This was for a short time, its up again.
>
> Its not updated yet, i removed the old package since these are unsafe.
>
> New are comming.
>
> Repo wil get 4.5.10
> Manual update 4.6.4
>
> So be patient, im guessing tomorrow, or tonight.
> Dependes the wife tonight ;-)
>
>
> Greetz,
>
> Louis
>
>
>
> > -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> > Van: samba [mailto:[hidden email]] Namens
> > Elias Pereira via samba
> > Verzonden: woensdag 24 mei 2017 17:09
> > Aan: [hidden email]
> > Onderwerp: [Samba] apt.van-belle.nl offline?
> >
> > Hello L.P.H van Belle
> >
> > Your apt are offline?
> >
> > I am getting error messages while updating my distro and when
> > I access the https://apt.van-belle.nl/ the following message appears:
> >
> > "Site: Unknown
> >
> > This site you entered is not known by this server.
> >
> > or did you used an ipaddress to access this server !
> >
> > Try again with a correct hostname"
> >
> > --
> > Elias Pereira
>
>
> > --
> > To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
> > instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
> instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Elias Pereira
>
> --
> To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
> instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
>



--
Elias Pereira
--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: apt.van-belle.nl offline?

Samba - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Samba - General mailing list
Hai everybody,


An update where my new packages are.. and sorry for the delay on these. 
A few where ready but untested so i didnt release them.. and then I got suprised with a week off to Sicilie by my wife. (not complaining here)


When im back, ill update the packages when 4.6.5 is released, which is about when im back home, next week. 


greetz


Louis



Op 26 mei 2017 om 20:54 heeft Elias Pereira <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:


Any news Louis? :D

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 3:16 PM, L.P.H. van Belle via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Any version above 3.5 is unsafe..
 
Jessie 4.2.14 is patched.
https://www.debian.org/security/2017/dsa-3860
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/samba 
 
Stretch and 4.5.8-1 not yet, ( 4.5.8-2 wil be )
https://packages.debian.org/stretch/samba
 
Keep an eye on the list, i'll post when its my new ones are done.
 
 
Greetz,
 
Louis

Van: Elias Pereira [mailto:[hidden email]]
Verzonden: woensdag 24 mei 2017 17:30
Aan: L.P.H. van Belle
CC: [hidden email]
Onderwerp: Re: [Samba] apt.van-belle.nl offline?



Louis, thanks for fast answer!!!

Version 4.5.8-Debian is unsafe?



On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 12:21 PM, L.P.H. van Belle via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hai yes,

This was for a short time, its up again.

Its not updated yet, i removed the old package since these are unsafe.

New are comming.

Repo wil get 4.5.10
Manual update 4.6.4

So be patient, im guessing tomorrow, or tonight.
Dependes the wife tonight ;-)


Greetz,

Louis



> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: samba [mailto:[hidden email]] Namens
> Elias Pereira via samba
> Verzonden: woensdag 24 mei 2017 17:09
> Aan: [hidden email]
> Onderwerp: [Samba] apt.van-belle.nl offline?
>
> Hello L.P.H van Belle
>
> Your apt are offline?
>
> I am getting error messages while updating my distro and when
> I access the https://apt.van-belle.nl/ the following message appears:
>
> "Site: Unknown
>
> This site you entered is not known by this server.
>
> or did you used an ipaddress to access this server !
>
> Try again with a correct hostname"
>
> --
> Elias Pereira


> --
> To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
> instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
>
>


--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba





--
Elias Pereira

--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba







--
Elias Pereira




--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: apt.van-belle.nl offline?

Samba - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Samba - General mailing list
Am 2017-05-24 um 20:16 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:

> Any version above 3.5 is unsafe..
>  
> Jessie 4.2.14 is patched.
> https://www.debian.org/security/2017/dsa-3860
> https://packages.debian.org/jessie/samba 
>  
> Stretch and 4.5.8-1 not yet, ( 4.5.8-2 wil be )
> https://packages.debian.org/stretch/samba
>  
> Keep an eye on the list, i'll post when its my new ones are done.

What to use on stretch now best?
I have to do that "classic upgrade" on a deb9 host and my test VM is
still jessie.

transfer /var/lib/samba and /etc/samba into deb9 with
samba-4.5.10-debian or better use something more recent?

thanks



--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: apt.van-belle.nl offline?

Samba - General mailing list
Hai,

The Stretch packages are being prepared as we speak, but i just got some orders to do other things first.
When my office work is done today, i'll start with the stretch packages. I hope i make them today.
Its on my list also, i cant upgrade my office, im myself also in the need of stretch 4.6.5 packages.

But if your in a hurry, what you can do, make a package for yourself.
This is not the "cleaned" way, but this way you can at least test your setup.

Install debian stretch.
Setup the "jessie" line, but only the src, this one.
echo "deb-src http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian jessie main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

Now you can do 2 things.
1) add the unstable source and recompile these packages.
talloc tevent tdb ldb  ( in this order. )




> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: samba [mailto:[hidden email]] Namens
> Stefan G. Weichinger via samba
> Verzonden: vrijdag 30 juni 2017 9:06
> Aan: [hidden email]
> Onderwerp: Re: [Samba] apt.van-belle.nl offline?
>
> Am 2017-05-24 um 20:16 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
> > Any version above 3.5 is unsafe..
> >  
> > Jessie 4.2.14 is patched.
> > https://www.debian.org/security/2017/dsa-3860
> > https://packages.debian.org/jessie/samba
> >  
> > Stretch and 4.5.8-1 not yet, ( 4.5.8-2 wil be )
> > https://packages.debian.org/stretch/samba
> >  
> > Keep an eye on the list, i'll post when its my new ones are done.
>
> What to use on stretch now best?
> I have to do that "classic upgrade" on a deb9 host and my
> test VM is still jessie.
>
> transfer /var/lib/samba and /etc/samba into deb9 with
> samba-4.5.10-debian or better use something more recent?
>
> thanks
>
>
>
> --
> To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
> instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
>


--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: apt.van-belle.nl offline?

Samba - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Samba - General mailing list
Did i already tell, i hate the "short cut" send button in the emails...

So again..

The Stretch packages are being prepared as we speak, but i just got some orders to do other things first.
When my office work is done today, i'll start with the stretch packages. I hope i make them today.
Its on my list also, i cant upgrade my office, im myself also in the need of stretch 4.6.5 packages.

But if your in a hurry, what you can do, make a package for yourself.
This is not the "cleaned" way, but this way you can at least test your setup.

Install debian stretch.
Setup the "jessie" line, but only the src, this one.
echo "deb-src http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian jessie main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

Now you can do 2 things.
- add the testing source and recompile these packages.
talloc tevent tdb ldb ( in this order. )
Make them available through file apt, then recompile my samba 4.5.10.

Or you can try, to get only my 4.5.10 sources.
But use all other from stretch, that should work.
If it does not, check the package version in debian/control and lower that tot the stretch version.

Im keeping it sort, hurry up with my work, and hopehully i make it today.


Greetz,

Louis



> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: samba [mailto:[hidden email]] Namens
> Stefan G. Weichinger via samba
> Verzonden: vrijdag 30 juni 2017 9:06
> Aan: [hidden email]
> Onderwerp: Re: [Samba] apt.van-belle.nl offline?
>
> Am 2017-05-24 um 20:16 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
> > Any version above 3.5 is unsafe..
> >  
> > Jessie 4.2.14 is patched.
> > https://www.debian.org/security/2017/dsa-3860
> > https://packages.debian.org/jessie/samba
> >  
> > Stretch and 4.5.8-1 not yet, ( 4.5.8-2 wil be )
> > https://packages.debian.org/stretch/samba
> >  
> > Keep an eye on the list, i'll post when its my new ones are done.
>
> What to use on stretch now best?
> I have to do that "classic upgrade" on a deb9 host and my
> test VM is still jessie.
>
> transfer /var/lib/samba and /etc/samba into deb9 with
> samba-4.5.10-debian or better use something more recent?
>
> thanks
>
>
>
> --
> To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
> instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
>


--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: apt.van-belle.nl offline?

Samba - General mailing list
Am 2017-06-30 um 09:31 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:

> Did i already tell, i hate the "short cut" send button in the emails...
>
> So again..
>
> The Stretch packages are being prepared as we speak, but i just got some orders to do other things first.
> When my office work is done today, i'll start with the stretch packages. I hope i make them today.
> Its on my list also, i cant upgrade my office, im myself also in the need of stretch 4.6.5 packages.
>
> But if your in a hurry, what you can do, make a package for yourself.
> This is not the "cleaned" way, but this way you can at least test your setup.
>
> Install debian stretch.
> Setup the "jessie" line, but only the src, this one.
> echo "deb-src http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian jessie main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list
>
> Now you can do 2 things.
> - add the testing source and recompile these packages.
> talloc tevent tdb ldb ( in this order. )
> Make them available through file apt, then recompile my samba 4.5.10.
>
> Or you can try, to get only my 4.5.10 sources.
> But use all other from stretch, that should work.
> If it does not, check the package version in debian/control and lower that tot the stretch version.
>
> Im keeping it sort, hurry up with my work, and hopehully i make it today.

Thanks a lot for your work and the instructions above.

I have an appointment to switch over a domain next friday, until then I
have time to test packages in my test environment and decide what to use
in real life there. I will upgrade my test VM to deb9 now (after a nice
snapshot), assuming this will give me issues as I used your packages
with jessie there (going to upstream samba-packages at first).

As you know from my dozens of emails this migration scares the s..t out
of me, but things look quite well in the test VM (deb8.8 plus your 4.6.x
pkgs) so I have to bite the bullet asap.

greets, Stefan

--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: apt.van-belle.nl offline?

Samba - General mailing list
Am 2017-06-30 um 09:41 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:

> I have an appointment to switch over a domain next friday, until then I
> have time to test packages in my test environment and decide what to use
> in real life there. I will upgrade my test VM to deb9 now (after a nice
> snapshot), assuming this will give me issues as I used your packages
> with jessie there (going to upstream samba-packages at first).
>
> As you know from my dozens of emails this migration scares the s..t out
> of me, but things look quite well in the test VM (deb8.8 plus your 4.6.x
> pkgs) so I have to bite the bullet asap.

just a primer : this afternoon things get serious ...
maybe someone keeps an eye on the ml for my mailings of panic :-P

Stefan


--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: apt.van-belle.nl offline?

Samba - General mailing list


On 07/07/2017 10:43 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger via samba wrote:
> just a primer : this afternoon things get serious ...
> maybe someone keeps an eye on the ml for my mailings of panic :-P

Good luck is the best I can do ;-)

MJ

--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: apt.van-belle.nl offline?

Samba - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Samba - General mailing list
On Fri, 7 Jul 2017 10:43:41 +0200
"Stefan G. Weichinger via samba" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 2017-06-30 um 09:41 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:
>
> > I have an appointment to switch over a domain next friday, until
> > then I have time to test packages in my test environment and decide
> > what to use in real life there. I will upgrade my test VM to deb9
> > now (after a nice snapshot), assuming this will give me issues as I
> > used your packages with jessie there (going to upstream
> > samba-packages at first).
> >
> > As you know from my dozens of emails this migration scares the s..t
> > out of me, but things look quite well in the test VM (deb8.8 plus
> > your 4.6.x pkgs) so I have to bite the bullet asap.
>
> just a primer : this afternoon things get serious ...
> maybe someone keeps an eye on the ml for my mailings of panic :-P
>
> Stefan
>
>

Good luck with the migration, if you follow what you did in your tests,
you should be okay. Unfortunately I will be un-contactable for the
next two days, but I am sure that you will get help if you require it.

Rowland
 

--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: apt.van-belle.nl offline?

Samba - General mailing list
Am 2017-07-07 um 14:59 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:

> Good luck with the migration, if you follow what you did in your tests,
> you should be okay. Unfortunately I will be un-contactable for the
> next two days, but I am sure that you will get help if you require it.

it looks quite ok, but somehow it seems better to rejoin all the PCs and
member servers. We are through ~50% .. maybe inefficient, but the
fastest way for now.

GPOs work, etc

thx



--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: apt.van-belle.nl offline?

Samba - General mailing list
Am 2017-07-07 um 18:40 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:

> Am 2017-07-07 um 14:59 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:
>
>> Good luck with the migration, if you follow what you did in your tests,
>> you should be okay. Unfortunately I will be un-contactable for the
>> next two days, but I am sure that you will get help if you require it.
>
> it looks quite ok, but somehow it seems better to rejoin all the PCs and
> member servers. We are through ~50% .. maybe inefficient, but the
> fastest way for now.
>
> GPOs work, etc


maybe I should start a new thread?

I see issues on the fileserver, winbind crashes.



Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 systemd[1]: Starting Samba Winbind Daemon...
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 systemd[1]: winbind.service: Supervising
process 24915 which is not our child. We'll most likely not notice when
it exits.
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: [2017/07/08
10:12:38.759158,  0]
../source3/winbindd/winbindd_cache.c:3244(initialize_winbindd_cache)
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: initialize_winbindd_cache:
clearing cache and re-creating with version number 2
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: [2017/07/08
10:12:38.778362,  0] ../lib/util/become_daemon.c:124(daemon_ready)
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: STATUS=daemon 'winbindd'
finished starting up and ready to serve connections
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: [2017/07/08
10:12:38.778405,  0] ../source3/lib/util.c:791(smb_panic_s3)
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: PANIC (pid 24915): Could
not find our domain
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: [2017/07/08
10:12:38.778958,  0] ../source3/lib/util.c:902(log_stack_trace)
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: BACKTRACE: 12 stack frames:
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: #0
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsmbconf.so.0(log_stack_trace+0x1a)
[0x7fa2debeb85a]
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: #1
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsmbconf.so.0(smb_panic_s3+0x20)
[0x7fa2debeb940]
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: #2
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsamba-util.so.0(smb_panic+0x2f)
[0x7fa2e2163fcf]
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: #3
/usr/sbin/winbindd(+0x375f3) [0x7fa2e406a5f3]
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: #4
/usr/sbin/winbindd(rescan_trusted_domains+0x1d) [0x7fa2e406a61d]
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: #5
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtevent.so.0(tevent_common_loop_timer_delay+0xcd)
[0x7fa2dbe3fafd]
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: #6
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtevent.so.0(+0x9afa) [0x7fa2dbe40afa]
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: #7
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtevent.so.0(+0x8217) [0x7fa2dbe3f217]
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: #8
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtevent.so.0(_tevent_loop_once+0x8d)
[0x7fa2dbe3b43d]
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: #9
/usr/sbin/winbindd(main+0xbc4) [0x7fa2e4058d24]
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: #10
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf5) [0x7fa2db85bb45]
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: #11
/usr/sbin/winbindd(+0x263b0) [0x7fa2e40593b0]
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: [2017/07/08
10:12:38.779343,  0] ../source3/lib/dumpcore.c:303(dump_core)
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]: dumping core in
/var/log/samba/cores/winbindd
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 winbindd[24915]:
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 systemd[1]: Started Samba Winbind Daemon.
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 systemd[1]: winbind.service: main process
exited, code=dumped, status=6/ABRT
Jul 08 10:12:38 pre01svdeb01 systemd[1]: Unit winbind.service entered
failed state.

this is samba-4.5.10-Debian from LPH repos (for jessie).

Maybe my smb.conf is flaky:

[global]
        netbios name = SERVER
        realm = MY.TLD
        workgroup = BUERO
        logon home = ""
        logon path = ""
        load printers = No
        printcap name = /dev/null
        dedicated keytab file = /etc/krb5.keytab
        kerberos method = secrets and keytab
        map to guest = Bad User
        map untrusted to domain = Yes
        security = ADS
        username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
        template shell = /usr/sbin/nologin
        winbind enum groups = Yes
        winbind enum users = Yes
        winbind refresh tickets = Yes
        winbind use default domain = Yes
        idmap config buero:schema_mode = rfc2307
        idmap config buero:range = 10000-99999
        idmap config buero:backend = rid
        idmap config *:range = 2000-9999
        idmap config * : backend = tdb
        printing = bsd

cp-ied that from another customer's ADS member servers (and modified
workgroup, sure)


--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: apt.van-belle.nl offline?

Samba - General mailing list
Am 2017-07-08 um 10:17 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:


I wonder why that worked yesterday. wbinfo -i etc worked.
Maybe I have to upgrade to 4.6.x on the member server as well?

Ah, found my own thread from back then:

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2016-December/205670.html

.. followed that and was able to rejoin.

# net ads join  -U Administrator
Enter Administrator's password:
Using short domain name -- BUERO
Joined 'SERVER' to dns domain 'pilsbacher.at'
No DNS domain configured for server-gentoo. Unable to perform DNS Update.
DNS update failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER
root@pre01svdeb01:~# net ads testjoin
Join is OK

wbinfo works now, winbind runs.

thx

--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: remove missing 2nd DC

Samba - General mailing list
Am 2017-07-08 um 10:32 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:

> Join is OK
>
> wbinfo works now, winbind runs.

one more question for cleaning up:

* I had tested a 2nd DC in my test environment and forgot to remove the
second DC-info from AD before moving the config to the real DC. Now that
DC tries to reach the second DC and replicate ... I wonder how to remove
that?  Tried to delete the DC2 via RSAT, there comes a dialogue
mentioning some DC-Promo tool, but I can't delete DC2 even when I tell
RSAT that this DC is not online anymore. Should/could it be rm-ed via
editing LDAP directly on the DC1?

--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: remove missing 2nd DC

Samba - General mailing list
try removing it with samba tool first.
how is on the wiki. (remove dead server) something like that.

removing is an option but should be only the last option.

and make sure you have good backups of the samba databases. double check it!
make backups when samba is down.

Greetz

Louis



> Op 9 jul. 2017 om 11:27 heeft Stefan G. Weichinger via samba <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>
> DC1?


--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: remove missing 2nd DC

Samba - General mailing list
Am 2017-07-09 um 11:54 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
> try removing it with samba tool first. how is on the wiki. (remove
> dead server) something like that.
>
> removing is an option but should be only the last option.
>
> and make sure you have good backups of the samba databases. double
> check it! make backups when samba is down.

I run your backup_samba4 script on the DC ;-) (it does not stop samba
when doing its work)

Maybe I simply don't change a thing for the next day(s) and concentrate
on the stuff that has to work for the users.

The replication fail messages are ugly, but won't hurt, AFAIK?

--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Loading...