accessing windows shares from Linux

ankush grover
hey friends,

 I have configured samba as BDC to Windows 2003 domain controller
which is acting as PDC.Now the problem is that I am able to see the
Linux shares from the windows but from the Linux I am not able to see
the windows shares.

I am using Fedora Core 3 and Windows Clients are Windows XP Pro ,Win
2000 and Windows 2003 .

When ever i try to access the windows shares from the linux it says
"the folder contents cannot be displayed as i don't have permissions".

Please guide me how make it working.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover

RE: accessing windows shares from Linux

Geoffrey Scott-2
ankush grover wrote:
> hey friends,
>
>  I have configured samba as BDC to Windows 2003 domain controller
> which is acting as PDC.

I hope that's only for migration.  Samba can't be a permanent BDC to
anything except a samba PDC

> Now the problem is that I am able to see the
> Linux shares from the windows but from the Linux I am not able to see
> the windows shares.

You need to refer this to the linux.cifs mailing list.  They will help you
with your problem.

Regards Geoff Scott