Windows DC to Samba DC Sysvol replication

Windows DC to Samba DC Sysvol replication

Samba - General mailing list
Why can't one use robocopy to do unidirectional replication from a Windows
Domain Controller to a Samba Domain Controller?

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Robocopy_based_SysVol_replication_workaround

Re: Windows DC to Samba DC Sysvol replication

Samba - General mailing list
Hi Trevor,

Am 09.05.2017 um 15:25 schrieb Trevor via samba:
> Why can't one use robocopy to do unidirectional replication from a Windows
> Domain Controller to a Samba Domain Controller?
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Robocopy_based_SysVol_replication_workaround

I don't read in the guide that Win-to-Samba isn't working.
Have you tried it?

Regards,
Marc

Re: Windows DC to Samba DC Sysvol replication

Samba - General mailing list
On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Marc Muehlfeld <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Trevor,
>

> Am 09.05.2017 um 15:25 schrieb Trevor via samba:
>
>> Why can't one use robocopy to do unidirectional replication from a Windows
>> Domain Controller to a Samba Domain Controller?
>>
>> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Robocopy_based_SysVol_repli
>> cation_workaround
>>

> I don't read in the guide that Win-to-Samba isn't working.
> Have you tried it?
>

> Regards,
> Marc

The guide says "one Samba DC has to be defined as source", but reading it
again, I suppose that is because the guide is specifically about
Samba-to-Win. I don't see why robocopy wouldn't work Win-to-Samba, with
never editing  GPOs using the Samba DC. Everything seems fine to me in my
testing, but before I implement in production, I was wondering is there a
reason why I shouldn't be doing Win-to-Samba using robocopy?

Am 09.05.2017 um 17:44 schrieb Trevor via samba:
> The guide says "one Samba DC has to be defined as source", but reading it
> again, I suppose that is because the guide is specifically about
> Samba-to-Win.

I agree. This is misleading. I removed the word "Samba" from this sentence.

Regards,
Marc