Window title

Samba - linux mailing list
At the moment, when the bash shell is active in a terminal window, then
the title of that window is as follows.

username '@' hostname ":~"

Whereas I have trained the fish shell to instead display this title.

Terminal-type terminal-number "displays the" foreground-program "program
running on the" hostname "computer."

How can I make bash do that? I presume that would be coded somewhere in
".bashrc".
--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/

Re: Window title

Samba - linux mailing list
Problem solved.

> Whereas I have trained the fish shell to instead display this title.
>
> Terminal-type terminal-number "displays the" foreground-program "program
> running on the" hostname "computer."
>
> How can I make bash do that? I presume that would be coded somewhere in
> ".bashrc".

I cut the following out of the ".bashrc" file!

{
# If this is an xterm set the title to user@host:dir
case "$TERM" in
xterm*|rxvt*)