Win XP Clients Using Kerberos

Tom Skeren
I have had quite good luck with Samba 3.0.10PDC/BDC with LDAP backend
until about a week ago.  For some strange reason, the XP clients have
decided to try the Kerberos authentication method first to acccess
shares.  Since this involves a LENGTHY time out before a reversion to
NTLM the clusers are complaining.

Anyone know a n easy way to keep the XP machines from doing this?

Re: Win XP Clients Using Kerberos

John H Terpstra - Samba Team
On Wednesday 27 April 2005 08:40, Tom Skeren wrote:
> I have had quite good luck with Samba 3.0.10PDC/BDC with LDAP backend
> until about a week ago.  For some strange reason, the XP clients have
> decided to try the Kerberos authentication method first to acccess
> shares.  Since this involves a LENGTHY time out before a reversion to
> NTLM the clusers are complaining.
>
> Anyone know a n easy way to keep the XP machines from doing this?

Tom,
You have not really provided enough information to answer your concerns.
Perhaps, if this problem persists after updating to samba-3.0.14a, I can help
you to resolve this off-line and then report the solution back to this list.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Samba-Team Member