Using ldbsearch on configuration partition.

Using ldbsearch on configuration partition.

Samba - General mailing list
Hello,

     I'm trying to search for the following but believe my syntax may
not be correct.

Search the Configuration partition for any object where the Common Name
contains "CNF:" and the object class is nTDSDSA.

I'm using: ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb
'(&(ObjectClass=nTDSDSA)(CN=CNF*))'

Is this correct? I also tried

ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb
'CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local(&(ObjectClass=nTDSDSA)(CN=CNF*))'

I'm not receiving any results so I want to confirm my syntax. Thanks.

James

Re: Using ldbsearch on configuration partition.

Samba - General mailing list
On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 09:31:28 -0400
lingpanda101 via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>      I'm trying to search for the following but believe my syntax may
> not be correct.
>
> Search the Configuration partition for any object where the Common
> Name contains "CNF:" and the object class is nTDSDSA.
>
> I'm using: ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb
> '(&(ObjectClass=nTDSDSA)(CN=CNF*))'
>
> Is this correct? I also tried
>
> ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb
> 'CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local(&(ObjectClass=nTDSDSA)(CN=CNF*))'
>
> I'm not receiving any results so I want to confirm my syntax. Thanks.

Try this:

ldbsearch --cross-ncs -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb -b
'CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local'
'(&(ObjectClass=nTDSDSA)(CN=CNF*))'

Re: Using ldbsearch on configuration partition.

> On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 09:31:28 -0400
> lingpanda101 via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>>       I'm trying to search for the following but believe my syntax may
>> not be correct.
>>
>> Search the Configuration partition for any object where the Common
>> Name contains "CNF:" and the object class is nTDSDSA.
>>
>> I'm using: ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb
>> '(&(ObjectClass=nTDSDSA)(CN=CNF*))'
>>
>> Is this correct? I also tried
>>
>> ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb
>> 'CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local(&(ObjectClass=nTDSDSA)(CN=CNF*))'
>>
>> I'm not receiving any results so I want to confirm my syntax. Thanks.
>>
> Try this:
>
> ldbsearch --cross-ncs -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb -b
> 'CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local'
> '(&(ObjectClass=nTDSDSA)(CN=CNF*))'
>
> Rowland

That did it. Thanks.