Using NtlmHttpFilter

chuanjiang lo
Hi all,

I would like to know how i can make use of the authentication filters.

I manage to get the user to log in and display get the user name.

But i want to display an error page after 3 attempts of log in, so where should i actually configure this? Or if i want to force the user to enter his authentication details even in IE, how can i achieve that?

Can this be done in the filter mapping or i need to change the source code of NtlmHttpFilter to suit my requirements?

Another question would be http://localhost works fine in IE but in IE the page just doesnt load anything
http://<ipaddress> in firefox did prompt for the authentication.
<filter>
<filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
<filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>

<init-param>
<param-name>jcifs.netbios.wins</param-name>
<param-value>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>
<param-value>xxxx</param-value>
</init-param>
</filter>

<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>
</filter>

Appreciate any help