Some mounted drives using GPO are not showed

Some mounted drives using GPO are not showed

Samba - General mailing list
Hello,

Some of my users have complained about that some of her shared drives are
not there. After research on one of the computers I've noticed that all
drives are mounted correctly by GPO (you can use that drives from cmd and
are showed on "net use" command), but when you use the Windows Explorer
some of that drives are not showed (and are no accesible even setting
manually the drive letter on path bar).

The problem is random on those computers and the failed drives are not
always the same (even sometimes all drives are working). If you umount and
remount the drive then is showed on Windows explorer.
I've configured the option to show the drive on GP but I got the same
behaviour.
The server is a samba 4 server configured by IP, so there's no login
problem on mount.
I think that all the computers that fails has Windows 10, but I've other
computers with same version that works fine.

Someone knows something about this problem?, because I'm unable to find the
solution nowhere.

Thanks!!

Re: Some mounted drives using GPO are not showed

Samba - General mailing list
It really helps if you tell your..

OS = ?
Samba version = ?
Windows client are ?
Windows event logs messages ? ( event ids? )
And please show the smb.conf that may help also.

Also you can try the following, rightklik on "network locations"
Choose disconnect network drive, and select all problem drive letters, en disconnect.

Logout, ( preffered, reboot the pc ), login again.
Did it work?

Greetz,

Louis

I answer inline.

>:

> It really helps if you tell your..
>
> OS = ?

The DC OS is Debian 8, and the Shares are on Debian 9 server.

> Samba version = ?

Samba DC 4.7, and Samba 4.5.8 on shares server.

> Windows client are ?

I think that all problematic computers are Windows 10, but maybe some
Windows 7 computers too. The computers are always the same, so looks like
is not a Domain, GPO or shares problem.

> Windows event logs messages ? ( event ids? )

Just now I don't have any Windows log, but I've checked the gporesult and
all GPO are applied correctly.

> And please show the smb.conf that may help also.

The smb.conf is very long, and also i don't think that will be the problem
because all shares are working fine using an init script with a lot of "net
use letter: \\server\share". The problem started using GPO and only on some
computers.

> Also you can try the following, rightklik on "network locations"
> Choose disconnect network drive, and select all problem drive letters, en
> disconnect.
>
> Logout, ( preffered, reboot the pc ), login again.
> Did it work?

Also tried, but the problematic drives are not always the same so when I
reboot maybe all drives are there or maybe the problematic drives are other.

> Greetz,
>
> Louis

Also I forgot to say that I'm creating a new member server with DC security
instead IP security. That server is using Debian 8 with Samba 4.2 as member
server and the shares that I've on that server also fails sometimes on the
problematic clients. On other clients works perfectly.

Thanks!!

Re: Some mounted drives using GPO are not showed

Samba - General mailing list

Again, please show the smb.conf, you may remove shares etc, but leave at least one good share example.
Anonimize it, but we need it, to tell more or give beter info.
Now its a guessing game. (sorry)

> > Also you can try the following, rightklik on "network locations"
> > Choose disconnect network drive, and select all problem
> drive letters,
> > en disconnect.
> >
> > Logout, ( preffered, reboot the pc ), login again.
> > Did it work?
> >

> Also tried, but the problematic drives are not always the
> same so when I reboot maybe all drives are there or maybe the
> problematic drives are other.
Ok this makes it a bit stranger, so we now need and the member smb.conf and the DC smb.conf.
Sorry but its really needed.

> > Greetz,
> >
> > Louis

Now if you create a new setup based on debian, i suggest, use debian stretch.
Then Go here and read the howtos.
https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/tree/master/howtos
These steps should work on jessie also, but i really suggest move up to debian stretch.

Of if you willing to tryout, if its the 4.2 thats really the problem.
Test if its the 4.2 thats the problem, for Jessie: 4.5.8-x
 echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian jessie-backports main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

For a 4.5.14 also add this line:
echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian jessie main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

Or for a 4.6.8 for jessie, also add this line:
echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian unstable main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

And the key.
wget -O - http://apt.van-belle.nl/louis-van-belle.gpg-key.asc | apt-key add -

> Thanks!!