SmbFile priviledges

Mike Streeton
I am using SMBFile.getSecurity() to get the ACE and from that the SID of the user for the priviledges, Is there a way of resolving the user name from the SID, com.sun.security.auth.NTSid looked like it might be some help, but it does nothing and is only a wrapper.

Many Thanks

Mike

www.ardentia.com the home of NetSearch

Re: SmbFile priviledges

Michael B Allen-4
Not officially but inlined below is my response to someone who submitted a patch for doing so.

Mike

| Nice Job Martin.
|
| The UnicodeString type from Jarapac that extends rpc.unicode_string should be used although it would need some fixing up (e.g. replace the toString contents with that of your uniCodeToString method). Also, jcifs.smb.SID should be modified to extend rpc.sid_t to take advantage of polymorphic behavior there also. Then you can use those extended types wherever you would use rpc.unicode_string or rpc.sid_t. That would simplify and speed things up a little.
|
| It should be noted that users will need the Jarapac jar file:
|
|   http://sourceforge.net/projects/jarapac/
|
| Note: the Jarapac CVS repo is severly broken. Always download the package.
|
| The patch is in the patches directory:
|
|   http://jcifs.samba.org/src/patches/
|
| It will be interesting to see how this works for people.
|
| Mike

--
Michael B Allen
PHP Extension for SSO w/ Windows Group Authorization