SmbFile listing members of a domain

Torsten Curdt-2
I was trying with

 new SmbFile("smb://" + ntdomain + "/").listFiles();

to list the machines that are member of a domain. But I always get a
UnknownHostException. Even when querying the master browser

 new SmbFile("smb://").listFiles();

I get

 jcifs.smb.SmbException: Failed to connect to server
 java.net.UnknownHostException: ..__MSBROWSE__.<01>

What's going on? Pointers?

cheers
Torsten

Re: SmbFile listing members of a domain

Michael B Allen-4
JCIFS requires NetBIOS for some name services stuff. So if you're not
using NetBIOS anymore (many people are not) then you'll have to find an
alternative method (e.g. LDAP).

--
Michael B Allen
PHP Extension for SSO w/ Windows Group Authorization