Serializing Credentials between two VM on same host

Serializing Credentials between two VM on same host

Ingo Rockel
Hi,

I just searched through the list (and also followed the discussion
regarding not working serialization of NTLM credentials) But I'm a bit
confused. Would it be possible to exchange the credentials between two
Java VMs running on the same node in an application server? I know
serialization between different nodes doesn't work but from Mike's old
posting it reads to me that it is possible to exchange between VMs as
long as I stay on the same host.

regards,

        Ingo

--
PIRONET NDH AG
Dipl. Inf. Ingo Rockel - Produktentwicklung
Tel.: +49 (0)221-770-1788 / Fax: +49 (0)221-770-1005
mailto:[hidden email] - http://www.pironet-ndh.com

Re: Serializing Credentials between two VM on same host

Michael B Allen-4
No. The password hashes transmitted to the server are salted with a
random challenge generated by the server for each socket connected. So
it is not possible unless you can also transfer the socket with which
the credentials are associated.

Mike