Samba4 trust between AD and NT domains

Samba - General mailing list
dear experts,

is it possible to set a interdomain trust between an AD domain
(samba-4.7.4) and an NT4 domain (samba-4.7.4 again)?

My naive experiments have failed so far.

If AD trusts NT:

"samba-tool domains trust" cmd on AD controller seems to look for
another AD domain: can't contact NT domain. Did I overlook some
configuration switch?

If NT trusts AD:

I can not create a Interdomain trust account on AD (with smbpasswd -i
for example). So I'm stuck in this path too.

It would be great if you could point me to the documentation.

thank you!

Francesco

Re: Samba4 trust between AD and NT domains

Samba - General mailing list
On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 10:58:42 +0100
Francesco Malvezzi via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> dear experts,
>
> is it possible to set a interdomain trust between an AD domain
> (samba-4.7.4) and an NT4 domain (samba-4.7.4 again)?
>
> My naive experiments have failed so far.
>
> If AD trusts NT:
>
> "samba-tool domains trust" cmd on AD controller seems to look for
> another AD domain: can't contact NT domain. Did I overlook some
> configuration switch?
>
> If NT trusts AD:
>
> I can not create a Interdomain trust account on AD (with smbpasswd -i
> for example). So I'm stuck in this path too.
>
> It would be great if you could point me to the documentation.
>
> thank you!
>
> Francesco

You could try 'net rpc trust create', see 'man net' for more info.