Samba4 Trusts and GPO

Samba - General mailing list
Hi all.
I have installed Samba 4.5.0 in CentOS 7 for testing Samba AD for my organisation.
Almost all is OK, except trusts.
When I setup trust on Samba4 domain side, at once GPO stops working.
In windows event log on the domain members I see error with event id 1110:
"The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows could not determine if
the user and computer accounts are in the same forest. Ensure the user
domain name matches the name of a trusted domain that resides in the
same forest as the computer account."
When I delete trust - GPO starts working.
Can anyone help me with this issue?
Thanks in advance

--
Владимир Ельцов

Re: Samba4 Trusts and GPO

Samba - General mailing list
Really nobody uses Samba 4 AD with trust relationships and GPOs?

--
Владимир Ельцов

13.10.2016, 11:10, "Владимир Ельцов via samba" <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all.
> I have installed Samba 4.5.0 in CentOS 7 for testing Samba AD for my organisation.
> Almost all is OK, except trusts.
> When I setup trust on Samba4 domain side, at once GPO stops working.
> In windows event log on the domain members I see error with event id 1110:
> "The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows could not determine if
> the user and computer accounts are in the same forest. Ensure the user
> domain name matches the name of a trusted domain that resides in the
> same forest as the computer account."
> When I delete trust - GPO starts working.
> Can anyone help me with this issue?
> Thanks in advance
>
> --
> Владимир Ельцов

Re: Samba4 Trusts and GPO

Samba - General mailing list
Trust support is still considered experimental per the wiki.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/FAQ#Trust_Support

One of the limitations is "You cannot add users and groups of a trusted
domain into domain groups." This may be applicable to your issue.

On 10/24/2016 9:59 PM, Владимир Ельцов via samba wrote:
> Really nobody uses Samba 4 AD with trust relationships and GPOs?

--
- James

Re: Samba4 Trusts and GPO

Samba - General mailing list
Does this also mean for Samba 4 PDC trust? As I could not get through too
but need to double check it, maybe configuration.

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 4:44 AM, lingpanda101 via samba <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Trust support is still considered experimental per the wiki.
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/FAQ#Trust_Support
>
> One of the limitations is "You cannot add users and groups of a trusted
> domain into domain groups." This may be applicable to your issue.
>

> On 10/24/2016 9:59 PM, Владимир Ельцов via samba wrote:
>
>> Really nobody uses Samba 4 AD with trust relationships and GPOs?
>>

> --
> - James

Re: Samba4 Trusts and GPO

Any news about trust relationships or plans?

I have set up DC on CentOS 7 and samba 4.6.2, and another DC (with
another domain) on Windows server 2012 R2.

Then I have established trust relationships between two domains, and
just after that I see Event ID 1110 in Windows 7 (which is member of
samba domain) event log:

"The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows could not determine if
the user and computer accounts are in the same forest. Ensure the user
domain name matches the name of a trusted domain that resides in the
same forest as the computer account."

When I delete trust relationships on samba domain side, Group Policy
immediately starts working.

Does anybody use samba 4 AD DC with trust relationships and Group Policies?

Vladimir Eltsov