Samba and Windows 2000

Aurele Meilleur
Hi Folks,

I have a problem with my Linux machines, (2) to connect to windows 2000
pc on my network.

I can see all off the host in the network places on my network.

I can connect from any machines towards Linux machines, Compaq-linux and
Ibmsambaserver.

>From XP, windows98 and 2000 machines to Linux, I can seen my shared
files on Linux, however when I try to connect from my Linux machines
towards the win 2000, I get the following message:

The folder contents could not be displayed.

You do not have the permissions necessary to view the contents of
"Windows Network: laptopaurele".

I have no problem reaching the windows 98 and XP from both of my linux
machines.

I have worked at this now for 4 days now without any luck, can someone
help me with the SAMBA/win2000 issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.....

Aurele

Cheers..........