SUN RPC removal from glibc

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
Hello,

glibc deprecated all the Sun RPC stuff since quite some time. This is going to
be removed in Fedora 28 from glibc. SUSE will do the same, I don't know about
other distributions.

You can find some details here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SunRPCRemoval

I'm working on checking and using libtirpc for our build. Also rpcgen will be
removed from glibc. There will be a new package providing it. Thorsten Kukkuk
from SUSE created a project for this: https://github.com/thkukuk/rpcsvc-proto

libnsl is the package which will provide NIS. Not sure if this will work just
fine as rpc/yp_prot.h is going to be removed from glibc too.

Does someone know the NIS stuff? Is that still in use?

        Andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             [hidden email]

Re: SUN RPC removal from glibc

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
On Tuesday, 9 January 2018 16:15:50 CET Andreas Schneider via samba-technical
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> glibc deprecated all the Sun RPC stuff since quite some time. This is going
> to be removed in Fedora 28 from glibc. SUSE will do the same, I don't know
> about other distributions.
>
> You can find some details here:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SunRPCRemoval
>
> I'm working on checking and using libtirpc for our build. Also rpcgen will
> be removed from glibc. There will be a new package providing it. Thorsten
> Kukkuk from SUSE created a project for this:
> https://github.com/thkukuk/rpcsvc-proto
>
> libnsl is the package which will provide NIS. Not sure if this will work
> just fine as rpc/yp_prot.h is going to be removed from glibc too.
>
> Does someone know the NIS stuff? Is that still in use?

Here is the libnsl project:

https://github.com/thkukuk/libnsl

On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 04:17:37PM +0100, Andreas Schneider via samba-technical wrote:

> On Tuesday, 9 January 2018 16:15:50 CET Andreas Schneider via samba-technical
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > glibc deprecated all the Sun RPC stuff since quite some time. This is going
> > to be removed in Fedora 28 from glibc. SUSE will do the same, I don't know
> > about other distributions.
> >
> > You can find some details here:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SunRPCRemoval
> >
> > I'm working on checking and using libtirpc for our build. Also rpcgen will
> > be removed from glibc. There will be a new package providing it. Thorsten
> > Kukkuk from SUSE created a project for this:
> > https://github.com/thkukuk/rpcsvc-proto
> >
> > libnsl is the package which will provide NIS. Not sure if this will work
> > just fine as rpc/yp_prot.h is going to be removed from glibc too.
> >
> > Does someone know the NIS stuff? Is that still in use?
>
> Here is the libnsl project:
>
> https://github.com/thkukuk/libnsl

What about sysquotas_nfs.c?

Volker

--
Besuchen Sie die verinice.XP 2018 in Berlin,
Anwenderkonferenz für Informationssicherheit

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:[hidden email]