Quantcast

SAMBA AD DC Access Denied to Redirected Folders

SAMBA AD DC Access Denied to Redirected Folders

Samba - General mailing list
Hi everyone,

I'm re-posting this because my previous thread (see below) for whatever
reason I cannot reply to. So I'm starting a new one in the hopes that I can
respond to those who made suggestions and hopefully get to a solution.

In a nutshell, I've got a SAMBA4 AD DC server running Debian 8 stable. It's
setup for roaming profiles, home dirs and redirected folders. Randomly,
when users login they get an error about the recycle bin folders on each of
their redirected folders and are then denied access. The folders in
question are:

Desktop
Documents
Favorites
Start Menu

One response I got from Rowland is *exactly* what is happening. Furthermore
the fix does work (and is what I had discovered as a workable fix as well).
However, it only "sticks" for a few days and then it happens again. So I
reapply the fix, have the user log out/in...wash, rinse and repeat.

This is the MS fix Rowland suggested:
http://www.ieple.com/blog/fixing-corrupted-recycle-bin-in-redirected-folders-server-2012-r2-essentials

Another response suggested I disable the recycle bin on the desktop to see
if that is the cause. In windows 10 however, I cannot find how to do that.
If I right click on the recycle bin in the desktop it does list the various
recycle bin and their properties but no function to disabled them is
apparent. Also, I would be concerned with leaving that disabled if I
figured out how to considering how much data the users leave on their
desktops. HEnce the need for redirected folders. Perhaps it was jsut
suggested for test purposes...

Hopefully you guys can respond to this b/c I really need to address this.
Worse case, please cc me directly.

The original thread:
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2017-January/206138.html
Phil

Re: SAMBA AD DC Access Denied to Redirected Folders

Samba - General mailing list

Hai,

Recap your using: Debian Jessie, samba 4.2.14 ( from debian stable )
I'll repeat my question to you.
Can you post at least your smb.conf ?

( optional but preffered if im debugging this for you. )
Can you mail me a screenshot off your share security settings and folder security settings. Mail me this directly, the list wont show them.

This is my setting in my folder redirect. ! im using the users share. !
I use the "users" share so i dont have to mess up the "special" rights on the profiles share.
Users put documents on there desktop, so i preffer to separate that from profiles share.
For the following locations:
 Desktop
 Documents
 Favorites
 Start Menu
 Downloads

And i dont have problems with the recycle bin.

And i have the share on my member like this in the GPO.

\\f.q.d.n\users\%USERNAME%\Desktop
Options use exclusive richts for the user is enabled.

Samba (member) share
[users]
    browseable = yes
    path = /home/samba/users
    read only = no
    acl_xattr:ignore system acl = yes

!! BEWARE !!
When adding : acl_xattr:ignore system acl = yes
You MUST set the share and security settings again !

Last, post the windows event id when this happens.
Thats a very usefull one.

Greetz,

Louis