Rsync and client-side encryption of files

Rsync and client-side encryption of files

Samba - rsync mailing list
Is anyone using client-side encryption of files before transferring them to a cloud server using Rsync? I am running CentOS.

Re: Rsync and client-side encryption of files

Samba - rsync mailing list
On 18-01-10 21:29:18, H via rsync wrote:
>Is anyone using client-side encryption of files before transferring them to a cloud server using Rsync? I am running CentOS.

Yeah, in some cases I use borgbackup then rsync the borg repository
over.

On 11 Jan 2018 03:29, H via rsync wrote:

> Is anyone using client-side encryption of files before transferring them
> to a cloud server using Rsync? I am running CentOS.--

A solution could be EncFS in reverse mode.

Ben