Rsync and an OS X .dmg file

howardm

I'm a rsync newbie.

I want to use rsync to backup a .dmg file on my Mac to an account on a remote server.

How does rsync handle this file format ? Does it look inside the .dmg file to sync the files within ? What rsync arguments are applicable to this situation ? I just want to Destination .dmg file (contents) to be the same as the Source .dmg file (contents).

Of course, I do periodically delete and add items to the .dmg file.

Thanks!

Howard