Restrict share access per IP/client machines

Restrict share access per IP/client machines

Samba - General mailing list
Hello

Is there anyway to restrict IP or client machines that a specific user can connect to a share or restrict share access per IP/client ?

Re: Restrict share access per IP/client machines

Samba - General mailing list
On Fri, Sep 01, 2017 at 03:38:56PM -0300, Dante Colo via samba wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is there anyway to restrict IP or client machines that a specific user can connect to a share or restrict share access per IP/client ?

man smb.conf

Check out the 'hosts allow' parameter.

Restrict share access per IP/client machines

Hello

Is there anyway to restrict a user to logon on domain or connect to a Samba AD server only from some specific client machines ?

Regards
Dante

Re: Restrict share access per IP/client machines

Samba - General mailing list
Group Policy

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 7:17 AM, Dante Colo via samba <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> Is there anyway to restrict a user to logon on domain or connect to a
> Samba AD server only from some specific client machines ?
>
> Regards
> Dante

Re: Restrict share access per IP/client machines

On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 11:17:56 -0300 (BRT)
Dante Colo via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Is there anyway to restrict a user to logon on domain or connect to a
> Samba AD server only from some specific client machines ?
>
> Regards
> Dante

Read in 'man smb.conf' about 'hosts deny' and 'hosts allow'

Re: Restrict share access per IP/client machines

Samba - General mailing list
Hello Rowland

But using host deny and allow will restrict source ips , i was thinking to doing this in addition for a specific user , anyway i never tried host allow/deny directives on a per share basis, does it work ?

Regards
Dante F. B. Colò

Dante Colo via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Is there anyway to restrict a user to logon on domain or connect to a
> Samba AD server only from some specific client machines ?
>
> Regards
> Dante

Read in 'man smb.conf' about 'hosts deny' and 'hosts allow'

Re: Restrict share access per IP/client machines

Samba - General mailing list
On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 14:34:44 -0300 (BRT)
Dante Colo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Rowland
>
> But using host deny and allow will restrict source ips , i was
> thinking to doing this in addition for a specific user , anyway i
> never tried host allow/deny directives on a per share basis, does it
> work ?

Yes, but in your case I think you want 'invalid users'