Re: Re: Load balancing required for preauthentication?

Re: Re: Load balancing required for preauthentication?

Michael B Allen-4
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 18:32:51 -0500
Andrew Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I misread SmbSession.interrogate, thinking it took a UniAddress.  The
> first thing it does is get a UniAddress from the NbtAddress, so it my
> mod still seems to work.
>
> While I was building a new .jar for myself, I removed the System.out
> calls from jcifs.util.transport.Transport.
>
> --Andy
>
> On 11/10/05, Andrew Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I'm updating to 1.2.6 from a very old release and have been having signing problems.  I determined it to be signing because turning off the signing requirement in 2003 Server allowed for successful authentication.
> >
> >  While stepping through the code in the debugger, I noticed that SmbSession.getChallenge(UniAddress) does not attempt to use the DEFAULT credentials for preauthentication.  I switched to calling SmbSession.getChallengeForDomain() and it seems to work fine.

Only getChallengeForDomain uses preauthentication because that is what
the NtlmHttpFilter uses. Load balancing is option with our Filter. Look
at source of NtlmHttpFilter.java for how we do that.

Also, as a side note, if you're developing your own Filter you should
know that juggling credentials in the http session is non-trivial. It
is STRONGLY advised that you follow the NtlmHttpFilter very carefully.