Re: [Announce] Samba 4.7.0 Available for Download

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Announce] Samba 4.7.0 Available for Download

Samba - General mailing list
[snip]

> Samba AD with MIT Kerberos
> --------------------------
>
> After four years of development, Samba finally supports compiling and
> running Samba AD with MIT Kerberos. You can enable it with:
>
>     ./configure --with-system-mitkrb5
>
> Samba requires version 1.15.1 of MIT Kerberos to build with AD DC support.
> The krb5-devel and krb5-server packages are required.
>

Can find krb5-admin-server but not these two.     Do you have to add new entries to /etc/apt/sources.list or are they downloaded from elsewhere?

TIA,

Roy
 


--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Announce] Samba 4.7.0 Available for Download

Samba - General mailing list
On Thu, 2 Nov 2017 18:05:31 -0000
Roy Eastwood via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [snip]
>
> > Samba AD with MIT Kerberos
> > --------------------------
> >
> > After four years of development, Samba finally supports compiling
> > and running Samba AD with MIT Kerberos. You can enable it with:
> >
> >     ./configure --with-system-mitkrb5
> >
> > Samba requires version 1.15.1 of MIT Kerberos to build with AD DC
> > support. The krb5-devel and krb5-server packages are required.
> >
>
> Can find krb5-admin-server but not these two.     Do you have to add
> new entries to /etc/apt/sources.list or are they downloaded from
> elsewhere?
>
> TIA,
>
> Roy
>  

They are packages for Fedora, I fairly sure you need 'libkrb5-dev' and
'libkrb5-3' instead.

Rowland



--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Announce] Samba 4.7.0 Available for Download

Samba - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Samba - General mailing list
Hai,

If you want a MIT samba on a debian/ubuntu base server.
This may speed things up for you.

If you get this file.
http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian/pool/main/s/samba/samba_4.7.0rc4+dfsg-1nmu1~deb9.debian.tar.xz 
That contains the setttings of a working, tested Samba RC4 with MIT support.
And this one compiles fine but you must use kerberos 1.15.1-2+ to make it work for the latest samba release.
I used in the RC build 1.15.1-2 found if needed on my apt.

If you get the 4.7 samba from debian buster.(testing) compare the debian/rules debian/changelog debian/control
And adapt where needed.  I suggest, give it a try.


Greetz,

Louis




> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: samba [mailto:[hidden email]] Namens Roy
> Eastwood via samba
> Verzonden: donderdag 2 november 2017 19:06
> Aan: [hidden email]
> Onderwerp: Re: [Samba] [Announce] Samba 4.7.0 Available for Download
>
> [snip]
>
> > Samba AD with MIT Kerberos
> > --------------------------
> >
> > After four years of development, Samba finally supports
> compiling and
> > running Samba AD with MIT Kerberos. You can enable it with:
> >
> >     ./configure --with-system-mitkrb5
> >
> > Samba requires version 1.15.1 of MIT Kerberos to build with
> AD DC support.
> > The krb5-devel and krb5-server packages are required.
> >
>
> Can find krb5-admin-server but not these two.     Do you have
> to add new entries to /etc/apt/sources.list or are they
> downloaded from elsewhere?
>
> TIA,
>
> Roy
>  
>
>
> --
> To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
> instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
>


--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Announce] Samba 4.7.0 Available for Download

Samba - General mailing list
Thanks Louis I'll give it a try.   Also thanks Rowland for his answer.
Roy

> -----Original Message-----
> From: L.P.H. van Belle [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: 03 November 2017 10:07
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Samba] [Announce] Samba 4.7.0 Available for Download
>
> Hai,
>
> If you want a MIT samba on a debian/ubuntu base server.
> This may speed things up for you.
>
> If you get this file.
> http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian/pool/main/s/samba/samba_4.7.0rc4+dfsg-1nmu1~deb9.debian.tar.xz
> That contains the setttings of a working, tested Samba RC4 with MIT support.
> And this one compiles fine but you must use kerberos 1.15.1-2+ to make it work for the latest samba release.
> I used in the RC build 1.15.1-2 found if needed on my apt.
>
> If you get the 4.7 samba from debian buster.(testing) compare the debian/rules debian/changelog debian/control
> And adapt where needed.  I suggest, give it a try.
>
>
> Greetz,
>
> Louis
>


--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Announce] Samba 4.7.0 Available for Download

Samba - General mailing list
In reply to this post by Samba - General mailing list
Hi Rowland,
Thanks for that.    I found that I also needed the krb5-kdc package as well.   Also, as noted by Louis, I needed a later version of
MIT Kerberos (1.15-1 or later which I got from the Debian Buster repository).   All seems to work OK, except that it broke the
ability for Domain Members to log on locally to the DC (see my other post which you replied to).   Do I have to make any changes to
the /usr/share/pam-configs/winbind file to make this work with MIT Kerberos?

Thanks,

Roy

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Rowland Penny [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: 02 November 2017 18:24
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Samba] [Announce] Samba 4.7.0 Available for Download
>
> On Thu, 2 Nov 2017 18:05:31 -0000
> Roy Eastwood via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > [snip]
> >
> > > Samba AD with MIT Kerberos
> > > --------------------------
> > >
> > > After four years of development, Samba finally supports compiling
> > > and running Samba AD with MIT Kerberos. You can enable it with:
> > >
> > >     ./configure --with-system-mitkrb5
> > >
> > > Samba requires version 1.15.1 of MIT Kerberos to build with AD DC
> > > support. The krb5-devel and krb5-server packages are required.
> > >
> >
> > Can find krb5-admin-server but not these two.     Do you have to add
> > new entries to /etc/apt/sources.list or are they downloaded from
> > elsewhere?
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Roy
> >
>
> They are packages for Fedora, I fairly sure you need 'libkrb5-dev' and
> 'libkrb5-3' instead.
>
> Rowland
>
>
>



--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba