RPC server is unavailable

Samba - General mailing list
Posted earlier "samba AD not working" and the problem still exists.

Samba 4.6.5 AD

When attempting to join the domain I get the message "The RPC server
is unavailable".

Basically this was a classicupgrade which went well - and it works
fine on the local test system. And locally on the test network I can
join the domain just fine. However when I move the system, either via
moving the whole container (LXC) or building a new container and
restoring samba from the backup (samba_backup) on the local system is
where the problem occurs.

Because the IP address and subnet Isize as well) changes I need to run
samba_dnsupdate which seems to work but then the RPC problem occurs.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Re: RPC server is unavailable

Samba - General mailing list
I eliminated any possible problems caused by the samba_dnsupdate and
did the classicupgrade directly on the remote system and still have
the same problem:
"The RPC server is unavailable"

Everything looks right all tests in the wiki pass, the ports are open
and yet... systems cannot join the domain.

Re: RPC server is unavailable

Samba - General mailing list
Seems this issue is caused by a bug with the 'hosts allow' parameter
in a Samba4 AD.
I rebuilt the server again, did a successful classic upgrade yet still
had the same "The RPC server is unavailable".
The log.samba was showing these errors:
=====================
[2017/07/15 18:37:47.507683,  0] ../lib/util/access.c:361(allow_access)
 Denied connection from LOCAL/unixdom (LOCAL/unixdom)
[2017/07/15 18:37:47.507756,  0]
../source4/lib/socket/access.c:123(socket_check_access)
 socket_check_access: Denied connection to 'smbd' from LOCAL/unixdom
(LOCAL/unixdom)
A search turned up some hits going way back to early Samba4 days where
such errors were logged when using the 'hosts allow' parameter. I was
using the 'hosts allow' to limit the testing of the new AD on the
production network to specific systems and hopefully not expose the
whole network to the AD environment. The minute I removed the 'hosts
allow' line systems could join the new AD and the problem of "The RPC
server is unavailable" was gone.