Project Discussion for GSOC'17

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
Hi
  I am Vishnu Rudhva from India. I am pursuing Computer Science and
Engineering at C.Abdul Hakeem College of Engineering and Technology,
Vellore. I am in 1st year, and Having a lot of potential to learn things
and implement it to make a change.

I know C/C++, Python and I am very much familiar with Linux Operating
system and their Command-Line Interface and working on improving my Shell
Scripting knowledge. I willing to work and contribute with your Open Source
Community for this Google Summer of Code 2017.

I'm willing to do a project on Creating GUI or command-line tools for
displaying /proc/fs/cifs statistics and mount/session status.

I haven't done any contribution to Open Source until now but I have the
potential to develop this GUI tool. I want to start off my journey of the
contribution of Open Source Softwares from this Project.

I hope you accept my proposal and willing to discuss about the project.

Thank You,

Re: Project Discussion for GSOC'17

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
Hi Vishnu,

On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 01:16:05 +0530, Vishnu Rudhva via samba-technical wrote:

> Hi
>   I am Vishnu Rudhva from India. I am pursuing Computer Science and
> Engineering at C.Abdul Hakeem College of Engineering and Technology,
> Vellore. I am in 1st year, and Having a lot of potential to learn things
> and implement it to make a change.
>
> I know C/C++, Python and I am very much familiar with Linux Operating
> system and their Command-Line Interface and working on improving my Shell
> Scripting knowledge. I willing to work and contribute with your Open Source
> Community for this Google Summer of Code 2017.
>
> I'm willing to do a project on Creating GUI or command-line tools for
> displaying /proc/fs/cifs statistics and mount/session status.

Thanks for your interest in GSoC 2017 participation.
Could you please give a little more detail on how you would tackle
this task? E.g. Would you plan on integrating with an existing monitoring
framework, or would you start from scratch? Which language would you use?
Which stats do you think would be most relevant for cifs.ko end users?

Cheers, David