Problems with Winbind and NTLM Authentication

Problems with Winbind and NTLM Authentication

Thomas Mainzer
Hi all!

After upgrading from Samba2 to Samba 3.0.10 we have some serious
problems with authenticating users with Winbind via NTLM to a NT4
Domain.

After working for a while a strange error occurs in the Winbind log.
Every authentication attempt ends with a serious error
"NT_STATUS_PIPE_DISCONNECT". Can anybody tell me what´s happening here?
Restarting winbind has no affect. The error keeps coming. After
switching back to Samba 2 everything is fine.

I´ve searched Goggle and the Mailinglist archive but noone mentioned
this error before.

Thanks for your help.

Thomas