Problem with performance since replacing mainserver

Problem with performance since replacing mainserver

RDyes
Last week I lost my main samba server on my network. It was a domain
server with 20 users on it and it was working like a champ till it lost
its main drive.  I was backing up the data and pertinent config files on
a "backup server". This server was not a backup domain server. I was
just storing data and these files on it. The files consisted of passwd,
group, shadow, smb.conf, secrets.tdb smbusers and smbpasswd. I copied
all these files in the right places in /etc and /etc/samba and then had
to rebuild my windows groups using net groupmap modify. I used rsync to
mirror the servers so the permissions and file locations were the same
as the original server.  When I brought the "backupserver" up as the
mainserver, I had to have each user rejoin the domain.  But since I have
done this, the performance has be horrible.  I know I have probably
messed up some important tdb files.  here is my smb.conf below. Any help
would be appreciated.

# Global parameters
[global]
    log level = 3
    log file = /var/log/smb.log
    workgroup = Keysystems
    netbios name = mainserver
    encrypt passwords = Yes
    username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
    passdb backend = tdbsam, smbpasswd
    server string = ""
    Domain master = Yes
    local master = Yes
    preferred master = Yes
    os level = 65
    time server = Yes
    domain logons = Yes
    logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
    logon script = logon.bat
    logon drive = H:
    add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /data/home/%u %u
    delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r %u
    add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd %g
    delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel %g
    add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -G %g %u
    add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 529 -s
/bin/false -M %u
    browsable = Yes
    oplocks = No
    level2 oplocks = No
    security = user
    lock spin count = 30
    passwd chat = *New*Password* %n\n *Re-enter*new*password* %n\n
*Password*changed*
    unix password sync = yes
    passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
    wins support = yes
    name resolve order = wins lmhosts hosts bcast

[netlogon]
    path = /data/netlogon
    guest ok = Yes
    browseable = Yes

[profiles]
    path = /data/profiles
    browseable = Yes
    read only = no
    create mask = 600
    directory mask = 700
    profile acls = yes

[home]
    browsable = yes
    read only = No
    writable = Yes
    path = /data2/home/%u
    create mask = 0664
    directory mode = 0774
    force group = everyuser

[sbt]
    read only = No
    writable = Yes
    valid users = @sbt
    path = /data/sbt
    browsable = yes
    force group = sbt
    force user = geckerdt
    create mask = 664
    force directory mode = 774

[act]
    read only = No
    writable = Yes
    valid users = @act
    path = /data/act
    browsable = yes
    force group = act
    force user = geckerdt
    create mask = 664
    force directory mode = 774

[sharedir]
    read only = No
    writable = Yes
    valid users = @shared
    path = /data/shareddir
    browsable = yes
    force group = shared
    create mask = 0664
    directory mode = 0774

[testdir]

    read only = No
    writable = Yes
    valid users = @shared
    path = /data/test
    browsable = yes
    force group = shared
    create mask = 0664
    directory mode = 0774

[everyuser]
    read only = No
    writable = Yes
    valid users = @everyuser
    path = /data2/home
    force group = everyuser
    browsable = yes
    create mask = 0664
    directory mode = 0774

[webpages]
    readonly = No
    writable = Yes
    valid users = @keysys
    path = /www
    force group = keysys
    force user = keysys
    create mask = 0664
    directory mode = 0775

Re: Problem with performance since replacing mainserver

RDyes
Richmond Dyes wrote:
I think I may have figured out the problem. I found the name of the
backupserver in the host file pointing to  127.0.0.1.  I changed the
field to "mainserver" and it seems to have fixed the problem.